Steve tells Mike he wouldn't have had to pay the girls' redundancy and could now be done for wrongful dismissal as he didn't give the girls any verbal or written warnings. Mavis decides to cook the OAPs coq au vin for the supper. Ena tells her the OAPs won't like it. Gail looks for a job but Suzie isn't that bothered. Steve tells them Mike should have given them a written warning and they've got grounds for claiming unfair dismissal. Harry Payne arrives to Elsie's surprise - he was her admirer in Majorca. Ron is annoyed. Harry invites them out for a Spanish meal. Ron refuses but Elsie accepts. Suzie and Gail accuse Mike of unfair dismissal and demand compensation, threatening him with a tribunal. Gail wants her job back but Suzie wants to take him to the cleaners. Mike tells them to sort out what they want. Mike is furious that Steve told the girls about the unfair dismissal. Ron tells Elsie he doesn't like her going out with Harry. He tells her to make up her mind between Harry or him.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Wages office
- Community Centre - Kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: The big spender, whom Elsie Tanner and Ron Mather met in Majorca, turns up - and Ron doesn't like it. Gail Potter and Suzie Birchall accuse Mike Baldwin of wrongful dismissal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,585,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1978 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →