Carole Gordon ups the order by 50%. Mike thinks she'd make a good sales rep. Blanche quizzes Emily and Len about the emigrating but no one will tell her the true reason. Jim Douglas, an old friend of Ray's, returns from working in Amsterdam. He tells Ray his firm have a plumbing contract going. Deirdre is forced to tell Blanche about Ray's affair. Blanche tells Ray she's going to do everything she can to stop Deirdre and Tracy leaving the country. She hits him across the face. Mike offers Carole a 10% rise if she'll work for him as sales rep. She agrees. Blanche urges Deirdre to leave Ray. Ray tells Deirdre they're going to Holland, not New Zealand, as he can get a job. Deirdre agrees to go to Holland.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Wages office
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- This was the first episode of Coronation Street to be transmitted by Southern Television since Episode 1855 (25th October 1978) as the station had been blacked out from 5.40pm on 27th October in a dispute with the ACTT (Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Technicians) over a productivity claim. When the station resumed broadcasting on 7th November the station management chose not to transmit the episodes they had missed during the duration of the strike but instead to start this episode with a recap of the events of the missed instalments.
- TV Times synopsis: Trouble all round when Blanche Hunt solves the mystery behind the Langtons' latest move. Is Mike Baldwin chasing the girl from the rival factory?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,800,000 viewers (13th place).
|November 1978 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →