The police question two men about the shooting. Mavis takes charge of Emily. Emily can't see any point in life going on. Reporters descend on the Street. Mike and Emily identify Ernie's body. Albert is surprised when his chiropodist is a woman, Sally Robson. Elsie lays on lunch for Emily and Ken. Emily can't eat anything but is grateful for their support. Emily's sister, Norah Seddon, arrives to sort Emily out but she isn't grateful.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Deirdre Langton (Anne Kirkbride) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Albert Tatlock meets a lady chiropodist - and gets the idea she would suit his nephew, Ken Barlow. Emily Bishop and the Rovers Return regulars react to the news about her husband, Ernest…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,514,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1978 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →