Mr. St John, the hotel manager, presents Hilda with a bouquet of flowers. The Ogdens leave the hotel after Hilda has made the bed. Emily has to work and can't babysit for the Langtons. Ray is furious and tells Deirdre they're still going out. Returning home, Hilda feels that Cinderella has turned into a pumpkin. Ray gets Gail to babysit but when Gail tells Deirdre she looks sexy, Deirdre refuses to go. Ray tells her that she's going mad and walks out. Deirdre leaves Tracy crying and leaves the house.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Unnamed hotel - Suite No. 504
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of an England v Italy World Cup football match except in ther regions covered by Scottish Television and Grampian Television where transmission was at the usual time of 7.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Why is baby Tracy Langton alone and crying and where has her mother, Deirdre, gone? How do the Ogdens feel, returning from a night of luxury to the Street?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,800,000 viewers (7th place).
|November 1977 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →