Hilda gets the tandem out again but Stan refuses to go on it. Rita advises Mavis to put Auntie Edie in a home but she refuses. Elsie sees a solicitor over her divorce from Alan. Mavis resolves not to go back to Auntie Edie but knows she will. Derek challenges Ethel Platt but she is adamant she's not moving in with Auntie Edie; Mavis owes her Aunt for living rent-free all these years. Betty is angry when Annie gives Fred a key to the living room. She confronts her but Annie thinks she's lapsed into theft and recommends a psychiatrist. Stan borrows a car to give Hilda a day out. Mavis is furious with herself for giving in yet again. Annie is convinced Betty stole the money. Betty walks out of the Rovers.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Derek Wilton takes a hand in Mavis Riley's problem over Auntie Edie.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,600,000 homes (17th place). This was the final episode to measured as millions of homes viewing rather than millions of viewers.
|July 1977 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →