Mavis makes Sunday lunch for Derek. Annie discovers £45 is missing - she is certain it's been stolen from her sewing basket. Mavis hears that Auntie Edie has had an attack. Mavis blames herself for not being with her. She fears going back to look after her as she'll never escape. Annie refuses to go to the police over the money. Mavis asks her cousin Ethel Platt to look after Auntie Edie but she refuses. Stan feels sick from all the homemade beer. Albert offers his allotment vegetables to Renee - she agrees to buy them market price. Annie locks the living room door. Betty and Fred realise she suspects them of stealing the money.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street - Yards
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Ethel Platt's house, Wigan - Exterior
- First appearance of Derek Wilton since 20th April 1977.
- TV Times synopsis: Money is missing from the Rovers. Who does Annie Walker suspect of taking it?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,850,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1977 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →