Alf's contact lets him down over the Street's Silver Jubilee float. Ernie is adamant that Emily is going to be Queen Elizabeth I. Emily wants to back down but Ernie refuses to let her. He tells Annie that she can't be Queen Bess. Annie is furious. Betty refuses to portray Britannia on the float. Emily fears that she's going to make a fool of herself. Annie gets the brewery to provide a lorry for the float, on the condition that she plays Queen Bess.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Community Centre - Small hall and large hall
- Peter Armitage makes a pre-Bill Webster appearance as Maurice Allen.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Annie Walker, in her Silver Jubilee role as Elizabeth I, be forced to abdicate?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,627,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1977 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →