Ken gives Tracy a silver rattle which Ena gave Peter and Susan and was given to her when she was christened. Mike gives Albert his denim suit prize. The Langtons, Blanche, Emily, Ken, Betty, Ena, Ernie and Annie attend Tracy's christening. Alf works at the shop during the day and at the GPO at night. When he catches Renee's cold she moves him into her bed. The Langtons throw a party for Tracy. Ena recites Welcome Bonny Brid!. Bet finds Alf in Renee's bed.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and bedroom
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- St. Mary's Church - Interior and exterior
- Road outside St. Mary's Church
- Last appearance of Blanche Hunt until 13th June 1977.
- Location OB recording both inside and outside the church was conducted at All Saint's Church on Barton Road, Stretford. The same location was used the previous month for Len and Rita Fairclough's wedding.
- Ena Sharples quotes from the poem Welcome, Bonny Brid! by the Nineteenth Century Lancashire dialect poet Samuel Laycock. Specifically, she quotes from only the first and last verse of the eleven in the poem. Emily Nugent quoted some of the same lines from the first verse in Episode 102 (4th December 1961).
- TV Times synopsis: Now Alf Roberts goes down with flu - and misses out on a Christening…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,120,000 homes (5th place).
|May 1977 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →