Betty shows Renee round the shop. Len tells Gail that someone else stole the dresses and Gail tells Sylvia Matthews. Rita is embarrassed by Fred's attention. Elsie goes for Hilda in the Rovers but is stopped by Fred. Diana Kenton tells Wendy Nightingale that Roger wants her back but she's not interested. Renee secures a loan from the bank to buy the shop and she also plans to make a good home for Terry but he isn't keen. Sylvia asks Gail to give Elsie her cards but Gail tells Elsie that Sylvia wants to apologise. Elsie arrives and she and Sylvia apologise to each other. Elsie returns to work at the shop. Hilda tells Albert that Wendy has moved in with Ken. Renee tells Betty that she'll make Gordon an offer and in the meantime she'll work in the shop with Tricia. Albert tells Ken he's disgusted with him. He says that he's finished with him.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Diana Kenton - Gwyneth Powell
- Wendy Nightingale - Susan Tebbs
- Sylvia Matthews - Rosemarie Dunham (Credited as "Sylvia Mathews")
- Lady Customer - Frances Goodall
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Sylvia's Separates
- Diana Kenton's house - Living room and street outside
- This is the first contribution by long-term scriptwriter John Stevenson.
- TV Times synopsis: What's Albert Tatlock's reaction when he finds Ken is "living in sin"?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (2nd place).
Annie Walker: “I’m well aware dear. Mrs Ogden would try the patience of Job himself, but I would have expected Mrs Howard to show a little more restraint. A woman of breeding does not bend to insults. She can make her point quite effectively without ever raising her voice. My Jack knew that.”
Betty Turpin: “I bet he did!”
|May 1976 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →