Bernie Marsh, Chris Ashton and Kevin Marsh from the Gossamer Street flats run amok in the Street. Mavis's workload is increased because of Rita's singing engagements. She is angry when Bernie, Chris and Kevin steal magazines from The Kabin. Betty looks after the shop for a holiday. Ken stops Len reporting the kids to the police as he used to teach them. Eddie is charged with dishonest handling. Ken catches the lads playing truant and takes the magazines from them. He tells them to go back to school. The lads smash a window at the Community Centre, just missing Albert. Ken tells Len he'll pay for the windows so long as the police aren't bought in. Albert contacts the police. Kevin tells his father that Ken is trying to frame them and that he hit them when he came round. Mavis tells Rita she's tired of being exploited by her.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Chris Ashton - Bryan Sweeney
- Bernie Marsh - Sean Flanagan
- Kevin Marsh - Kevin Moreton
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Mrs. Marsh - Pat Wallis
- Mr. Marsh - Peter Kerrigan
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Douglas Marsh's flat - Living room
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow.
- First appearance of Ivy Tilsley since 14th April 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: What makes Mavis blow her top?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (15th place).
|September 1975 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th →