Annie warms to Philippa when she has similar ideas to her about the pub. Billy borrows Harry's car to take Philippa out. Annie plans to go with them but Billy puts her off. Ena writes to Prince Philip about the street's name. Frank refuses to sign the petition because of his job. The front axle goes and Billy and Philippa are stuck in the country.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- This episode caused trouble for Granada as a law at that time forbade mention of individual members of the Royal Family in drama presentations and questions were supposedly asked in the House of Commons. The Postmaster-General contacted Granada and told them to drop all references from future scripts but no further action was taken. After this other programmes began to mention the Royal Family (most notably, That Was The Week That Was and Till Death Us Do Part) and the law fell into dis-use.
- UK broadcast - 7,844,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1962 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →