With Ena back in St Annes, Minnie and Eddie settle down. Carlos doesn't want to use his bedsit to entertain Mavis as he's conscious of his bed. Rita lets them use The Kabin flat. Eddie and Bet's dates continue to be cancelled as Bet keeps being called into work. He refuses to go back to Walton until he's slept with Bet. Hilda thinks Eddie has the power of foresight as he knew about the blackout before it happened. Eddie tells everyone he's in the army. Nobby Harris stores some stolen goods of tinned ham in Minnie's coal hole. Eddie tells her that he won it at bingo. The Bishops don't plan to foster again in the immediate future. Annie lets Bet have the night off to meet Eddie. Nobby tells Eddie that someone has told the police about the break-in and local villain Big Arthur thinks he's the snitch. Eddie has to drop Bet to face his accuser. Annie has Blanche over for a New Year drink. Annie tells her that they must ensure they get the kind of wedding they want. Eddie protests his innocence to Big Arthur, who communicates by clicking his fingers which Nobby translates into English. Carlos asks Mavis to marry him. Bet realises she's been stood up.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Nobby Harris - Donald Webster
- Big Arthur - Louis Raynes
- Roland - Ronald Bloxham
- Carlos - Malcolm Hebden
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- 44 Victoria Street - Bedsit
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- The end credits play over a live action shot of Bet Lynch's wall calendar.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet gets stood up - and Mavis gets a proposal…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1975 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →