Ray makes some repairs to Bet's flat and sees her neighbour Carlos. The Bishops find looking after the children hard work. Annie tells Len of her dissatisfaction with the road improvements in Rosamund Street which have ruined her shoes. Ray and Bet decide to have a laugh at Mavis's expense. Betty agrees to sell a sideboard to Hilda for £2 but Bet says she wants it. The Bishops take the children out. Ray gets Carlos to ring Jerry and pretend to be Pedro Diaz arranging to meet Mavis. In emptying the sideboard, Granny finds Gordon Clegg's birth certificate: father "unknown", mother "Elizabeth Preston".
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- The Kabin
- 44 Victoria Street - Landing and Bet's flat
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- TV Times synopsis: What is the plot being hatched between Bet and Ray?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,557,000 homes (7th place).
|December 1974 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th →