Lucille plans a wedding anniversary party for the Howards and invites Deirdre. Ernie tries to brew his own beer but it makes him sick. Alan makes Lucille cancel the party. Elsie is upset by visiting Dennis and blames Jenny for everything. Elaine tells Ken she's going to live her dreams. Elsie is worried that she has been a bad mother. She leaves her handbag on a park bench. Returning for it she is knocked down by a taxi.
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernie Sutton - Leslie Dwyer
- Mr. Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Miss Hilary Dodds - Doreen Sloane
- Elaine Perkins - Joanna Lumley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Wilfred Perkins's house
- Ernie Sutton's house, London
- Pentonville Prison exterior
- London - Streets including Baker Street, Oxford Street and Berkeley Square
- While Elsie sits smoking on a park bench, the voices of Ena Sharples and Len Fairclough are heard in her thoughts.
- TV Times synopsis: Agony for Elsie - ecstasy for Ken.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1973 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|