New Year's Day. Stan tries to find out what "cohabiting" means. Betty grows suspicious of Christine Peters drinking alone in the Rovers. Mrs Regan tells Stan she doesn't want him coming round for a couple of weeks. Betty tells Emily that Christine was asking her about Jason's disappearance. Alf dons a bowler hat and poses as an investigator as the residents kid Stan that the Social Security people are after him. Emily visits Christine's sister, Jean Cooper, who denies knowledge of Christine, whilst hiding her. Jean tells Christine not to go out without her again. Stan confesses to Hilda about Mrs Regan. Hilda believes him as he obviously isn't living with someone else, but she makes him promise not to see her again. Albert wears a beret to mark the UK entering the Common Market. Stan tells Emily that he saw Christine at her sister's house while on his round and that she's doolally.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 22 Talbot Street - Living room
- Part Two of this episode opens on a close-up of a book being read by Ernest Bishop, however the image on the page is in fact a black and white print of the usual "Part Two" photocaption used during this period, showing a terraced street.
- TV Times synopsis: What is Stan Ogden up to at 19, Inkerman Street?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,752,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
Hilda Ogden: “Wouldn't be a bad idea if we could all hibernate all through the winter, you know like tortoises.”
|January 1973 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →