Bet pours water on Eddie to get him up. He has no memory of the night before. Stan gets enthused about making cocktails and insists they practice now. Alan wonders where they're going to stay in Blackpool but Elsie tells him not to worry as she has it all in hand. She rings to confirm a booking at the Fylde Castle Hotel. Ena gets annoyed as the Christmas decorations in the Rovers are out and up around her. Dave questions Jerry about Eddie's activities last night but Jerry says he had nothing to do with it. Dave makes it clear he doesn't believe him and sets off for the match. Hilda orders a "Tunisian Tango" in the Rovers. The regulars laugh at her but she still invites them to her house for a Christmas cocktail. Maggie tells Dave that Irma's left. Eddie takes soluble aspirin and calls into the Rovers for an orange juice before the match. Stan gets fed up with cocktails as Hilda drinks them with Albert and Minnie. Stan knocks down pints in the Rovers to wipe away the taste of cocktails. Ena hears that Minnie's drinking Hilda's cocktails. The men grow disappointed with Eddie as Weatherfield County FC are 2-0 down at half-time but he scores three goals in the second half, securing a win for County. Dave buys flowers for Maggie to say sorry for upsetting her. Hilda uses all the spirits she bought for Christmas. Alan can't go to Blackpool because Jack Isaacs's three vans need MOT's. Elsie is furious. A delighted Eddie tells Bet he's sticking around.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- 42b Victoria Walk - Bedsit and landing
- In the scene where Bet puts up the Christmas decorations in the Rovers Snug, it can clearly be seen that there is no dividing door between the Snug and the Public bar.
- TV Times synopsis: Cocktails for all at the Ogdens
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (2nd place).
|December 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|