The Labour Exchange arranges an interview at a travel agents for Lucille. Ken shows Yvonne around the Street. Minnie catches a chill from paddling in the sea at Blackpool and takes to her bed. Ena blames Dave. Elsie warns Ken that people are talking about him. Ena tries to get information from Yvonne but she says she and Ken are just acquaintances. Lucille is annoyed when the job at the travel agents is filled by the time she gets there but Miss Prentice at the Labour Exchange warns her that her attitude is putting off employers. The residents debate the changed attitudes towards work in the Rovers. Lucille bumps into Jerry Booth at the Labour Exchange.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Yvonne Chappell - Alex Marshall
- Mr. Stewart - Paul Williamson
- Miss Prentice - Mary Chester
- John Carter - Michael Syers
- Krishna Kapur - Moti Makan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre - Corridor
- Fairclough and Langton - Yard
- Labour Exchange
- First appearance of Jerry Booth since 29th May 1968
- On Thursday 30th September 1971 Grampian Television had launched their full-colour service and this was therefore the first episode to be seen in colour in that region.
- TV Times synopsis: Life opens up for Ken - and closes in on Lucille.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (8th place).
|October 1971 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →