Janet and Alan return from Leeds. Willie Piggott wants Ernie to go abroad for a month to take photographs for his travel brochures. Ernie realises the opportunity is too great to miss. Piggott tells Ernie he has to go with Sheila Miller. Janet uses Colin Harvey as an excuse to see Alan. Maggie tells Betty she's worried about Alan and Janet. Betty advises her not to get involved. Emily is alarmed when she meets the glamorous Sheila.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Camera Shop
- Canal Garage
- Victoria Station
- In the scene between Betty and Maggie, Betty Driver mistakenly refers to "your Colin's phone number" and Irene Sutcliffe has to clarify by replying "Gordon's, yes."
- The scene at Victoria Station was OB recorded.
- TV Times synopsis: From Leeds with…?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,150,000 homes (15th place). This August Bank Holiday episode was the lowest-rated edition of the year.
|August 1971 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →