Part One: David confirms Max's suspicions that Josh was the one who raped him. Max is irritated by David's mature response to Daniel blowing his secret. Maria puts together a portfolio for a regional hairdressing showcase. Liam feels pushed out of the flat by Kelly. Dev fixes a leaky tap in the shop flat. Max begrudgingly accepts Daniel's apology for the misunderstanding. Audrey volunteers to pick up Sam's new school books to show that she can still be relied on. The hospital responds to Craig's e-mail confirming that the crutch was Ted's. Faye can't believe he's sacrificing his career for her and looks for a way to repay him. Max swipes the flat keys when Dev puts them down on the shop counter. Dev doesn't notice as he's busy arguing with Gemma about Bernie's role in Joseph's disappearance. Gemma's valiant defence of her mother convinces him that Bernie is telling the truth.
Part Two: A recovering Nina makes an appointment with her college adviser to discuss catching up with the work she's missed. She's stunned to see a Glasgow uni prospectus sticking out of Asha's bag. As Audrey arrives home from her shopping trip, Shona hears bottles clanking inside her bag. Kelly finds Liam struggling with his French homework. Picking up Liam's football, she teaches him to count in French and they bond. Max lets himself into the shop flat and sets about smashing the place up, accidentally breaking a clay imprint of Sinead's, Daniel's and Bertie's hands. Asha is forced to come clean about her Glasgow aspirations and tells Nina there's an open day tomorrow. Nina puts on a brave face and encourages her to go and enjoy herself. Liam accidentally knocks over a bottle of water with the ball, soaking Maria's portfolio. Daniel returns home and catches Max inside the trashed flat. Beth finds out that Craig has left the police when Faye enquiries about a job at the factory for him. She refuses to believe Faye's claim that he just fancied a change. Daniel flies into a rage when he sees the broken handprints, manhandling Max out of the flat. When Max taunts him for being more interested in Bethany when Sinead died, Daniel shoves him, causing to trip over Daniel's bag and fall down the stairs.
Part Three: Seeing Max's lifeless body at the bottom of the stairs, Daniel snaps back to reality and dials 999. Craig tells Beth he doesn't want to be a copper anymore. Beth doesn't believe he'd throw away everything he's worked for on a whim and resolves to find out the real reason he quit. Maria returns home to find her portfolio ruined. Kelly takes responsibility. Hearing that Maria doesn't have time to rewrite it, Kelly takes the flash drive containing Maria's photos. David sees Max being loaded into an ambulance. Daniel lies and tells the police that the boy fell down the stairs. Liam lets Maria know that he ruined her work, not Kelly. Nina starts to worry when she hears that Dev isn't going to Glasgow with Asha, as she assumed. Dev gives Bernie flowers and chocolates by way of apology for the hurtful things he said about her. Annoyed that he believed Gemma but not her, Bernie tells him to stick them where the sun don't shine. Craig considers packing at the factory a comedown and refuses to apply.
Part Four: In hospital, David and Shona find out that Max has a fractured arm and a concussion but is otherwise okay. Nina ascertains that there are floods expected in Glasgow tomorrow. Roy accidentally feeds her anxieties by listing the train disasters that can occur due to bad weather. Craig re-considers and tells Faye he's applying for the factory job. Shona arranges for Sarah to have Lily overnight. Audrey realises that Shona thinks she has a drink problem. Max regains consciousness. Kelly brings Aadi's laptop back to the flat and shows Maria a new interactive portfolio they've created using the photos of her work. Maria loves it. Craig tells Faye and Emma they're in the clear as the search on Ted's flat didn't turn up anything. Lydia and Daisy both try to comfort Daniel. DS Davenport arrives at the flat to question Daniel following Max's allegation that he pushed him down the stairs.
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Max Turner - Paddy Bever
- Liam Connor - Charlie Wrenshall
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson (10552 only)
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell (10552 only)
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- Beth Sutherland - Lisa George
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove (10553 only)
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan (10553 only)
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson (10553 only)
- Lydia Chambers - Rebecca Ryan
- Police Officer - Hopi Grace (10553 only)
- Nurse - Allison Saxton (10553 only)
- DS Davenport - Joanna Booth (10553 only)
|Coronation Street||Main street view|
|Rovers Return Inn||Public|
|2a Coronation Street||Living room/kitchen|
|8 Coronation Street||Downstairs rooms|
|15a Coronation Street||Living room/kitchen and stairs|
|Viaduct Street||Main street view||N/A|
|5 Victoria Court||Living room/kitchen|
- This episode was transmitted at 8.00pm on Tuesday 1st February due to FA Cup football being shown in Coronation Street's usual slot on Friday 4th February. P694/10552 and P694/10553 by Sam Holdsworth make up this hour-long episode.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Andy Merchant was the stunt co-ordinator for Max Turner's fall down the stairs, with Tom Boney doubling for Max.
- The set for the Rosamund Street Medical Centre is redressed as Weatherfield General in this episode.
- An ambulance despatcher who Daniel Osbourne speaks to in 10553 is uncredited although she has lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Daniel catches Max trashing his flat and reacts impulsively; Beth is shocked by Craig's decision to quit the police force; and Nina puts on a brave face for Asha's sake.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 4,904,000 viewers (22nd place).
|February 2022 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Wed 2nd (1 2) • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th (1 2)
Fri 11th • Mon 14th (1 2) • Wed 16th (1 2) • Fri 18th
Mon 21st (1 2) • Wed 23rd (1 2) • Fri 25th • Mon 28th →