Part One: Ted's grandson Jon interrupts Craig as he's finishing up at the flat. He takes the officer to be part of the search team and thanks him for his efforts. Craig masks his guilt. David doesn't think Max is ready to know that he was raped and fobs off his son. Asha tells Dev she's having second thoughts about Glasgow. Dev suspects it's because she doesn't want to leave Nina. Craig tells Faye and Emma to throw away the clothes they were wearing on the day Ted died. Elaine starts to get on Sally's nerves as she fusses over Tim. David admits to Shona that he couldn't bear Max thinking of him as weak. Shona points out that he has to be told at some point. Tyrone thinks the therapy isn't helping Hope and they need to start considering other options. Fiz doesn't agree. Craig is horrified when Emma admits that the crutch he's been obsessing over was Ted's. He instructs the girls to have the cab cleaned. David sits Max down and tells him he was once raped by a man. He tells him what led up to it and that without Shona he doesn't think he'd be here now. Max is moved to tears by his dad's story. David apologises for not telling him earlier.
Part Two: Faye and Emma pretend they're going on a driving lesson when Dev sees them set off in the cab. David rows with Daniel for forcing him to tell Max before he's ready. Daniel suggests it'll bring them closer together. Roy advises Asha to tell Nina about Glasgow before using her as an excuse to turn down the opportunity. A withdrawn Sam continues his chess matches with Roy. The boy storms out in silence when Roy defeats him again. Sally bites her tongue when Tim reveals that Elaine's going to stay until he's fully recovered. Faye gets word that her appeal has been upheld. She's upbeat as everything seems to be going right at last. Tyrone, Evelyn and Phill agree that Hope needs proper help. Fiz refuses to let doctors pin a label on her daughter. Tim and Sally are about to sneak upstairs when Elaine reveals she's made up the spare room for Sally, as he's not allowed to have sex for six weeks. Max listens in on David talking to Shona and realises that he didn't want him to know about the rape. A pensive Craig returns to the flat and tells the girls that as he's broken his oath as police office, he's handed in his notice.
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Max Turner - Paddy Bever
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Elaine Jones - Paula Wilcox
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Phill Whittaker - Jamie Kenna
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Police Station - Exterior
- Ted Spear's flat - Living room and kitchen
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- TV Times synopsis: David shares a secret with Max; and Sally is sick of Elaine.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,535,000 viewers (8th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →