Part One: Faye worries as it's her appeal hearing tomorrow but she can't bring herself to be there in person. She is shocked when Emma suggests they attend Ted's funeral. Bernie has spent the night on the sofa of her friend, Justine. She can't find any trace of Clint and feels like an outcast. She assures Paul that everything she did was with the best of intentions and her only hope is for Joseph to tell the truth. Beth argues with Dev when he refuses to refund her donation to Joseph's appeal fund. Evelyn steps in and threatens her with a slander charge when she accuses Dev of having cooked up a scam. Leo is summoned into work for an urgent meeting. Daniel takes Max to task when he fails to attend the consent workshop. Not knowing the full circumstances, Tyrone advises an upset Emma to attend the funeral. Sally prepares balloons and decorations, determined they should fully celebrate Tim's 50th birthday in the hospital. Elaine's disapproving, adamant he needs rest, not a party. Faye tells them off for bickering. To help Daniel, Daisy suggests writing a social media post encouraging kids to attend the consent workshop. Gemma and Paul stand up for Bernie to an unsympathetic Chesney. Faye is perturbed when Craig tells her that they're getting together an e-fit for the girl that the delivery driver saw in Ted's flat.
Part Two: Faye tries to contact Emma but finds she has gone to Ted's funeral. At the church, Emma steels herself to go inside. A despondent Leo returns with the news he's been made redundant. Jenny lets him stay rent-free, much to Daisy's annoyance. Lydia gets her and Daniel tickets to a poetry slam in Manchester but he says he's meeting Daisy first to discuss the social media post. He assures her she's nothing to feel jealous about. Dev refuses to listen when Bernie tells him she's transferred her part of the money back to his bank account and informs her that she's fired. Sally assures a worrying Tim that Faye is upbeat about her appeal. An amused Craig shows Faye the e-fit. He suddenly realises that it reminds him of Emma. Faye crumbles and tells him the whole story surrounding Ted's death.
Part Three: After the funeral ends, Jon, Ted's grandson, introduces himself to Emma and asks how she knew his granddad. She gives a partially truthful story to explain her presence. She sees how grief-stricken he is. Daniel thanks Daisy for her help with the social media post. A stunned Craig tells Faye she's broken the law. He's appalled when she admits they found the old man dead and left him, and says she must go with him to the police station to make a statement. Emma panics when she sees Faye's text with her e-fit picture and tries to cover her face as she continues to chat to an upset Jon. Joseph interrupts when he hears Fiz saying Bernie should be arrested and says none of what's happened is her fault. Chesney goes after his upset son when he runs to his bedroom. Having found out from Daniel that he skipped the consent workshop, David tears a strip off Max and warns him that if he misses another, he’ll have him to answer to. Chesney brings Joseph downstairs and gets him to tell Fiz the truth that it was Hope's idea for him to hide him in the loft. She finds it hard to take it in that her daughter was behind everything. Faye has to admit that Emma was over the limit when they drove back from the party and Imran saw them as they arrived back. She pleads with Craig not to say anything as too many people will be affected, including her dad. He runs out of the flat, unable to take in what he's heard.
Part Four: Leo overhears from the hallway as Jenny refuses Daisy when she asks for a rent holiday like him. David sees Craig lost in his own thoughts in Victoria Gardens. He mentions in passing about what a difficult year Faye has had. With Tim due home tomorrow, Elaine offers to move in and help look after him. Tim's delighted whilst Sally forces a smile. Bernie is delighted when Gemma tells her that Joseph's come clean. Bernie thinks she can move back in but her daughter points out that she still has a lot of making up to do with Chesney concerning her taking half the appeal fund. Daisy watches wistfully as Daniel goes off to the poetry slam with Lydia. Leo gets a loan from his father for his rent. Chesney isn't pleased to see Bernie with her feet under the table when he arrives home and hears that the police have dropped their investigation into her actions. Gemma insists she's staying, despite what the neighbours might say. Emma is disbelieving when she finds out that Faye has confessed. Craig returns and tells them that despite it going against everything he believes in, he's not going to say anything.
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash (10548 only)
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin (10548 only)
- Beth Sutherland - Lisa George (10548 only)
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman (10548 only)
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan (10548 only)
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Max Turner - Paddy Bever
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall (10548 only)
- Elaine Jones - Paula Wilcox
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell (10548 only)
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine (10549 only)
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan (10549 only)
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd (10549 only)
|Coronation Street||Main street view|
|Rovers Return Inn||Public and back room||Public and hallway|
|2a Coronation Street||Living room/kitchen|
|4 Coronation Street||Downstairs rooms||N/A|
|5 Coronation Street||Downstairs rooms|
|15a Coronation Street||Living room/kitchen||N/A|
|Viaduct Street||Main street view||N/A|
|Victoria Street||Main street view|
|Weatherfield General||Room 5|
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes. Both parts were written by Chris Fewtrell.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The funeral scenes were recorded at St. Martin's Church, Ashton-on-Mersey, in Sale.
- A preview of this episode shown on This Morning on 25th January depicted Emma's e-fit as a more detailed image using digitally generated shades of black and grey, instead of the simple outline on a white background which appeared in the episode when it aired.
- TV Times synopsis: As the net closes on Emma, Faye's confession shocks Craig; Bernie pins her hopes on Joseph confirming her story; and Sally and Elaine clash over how to mark Tim's birthday.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,760,000 viewers (11th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →