Part One: At 7.30pm, a post-operative Tim is wheeled back to his room. Carla calls in the Rovers, apologises and thanks Jenny for sorting out Kate's money, but goes on to say that she thinks Jenny's relationship with Leo is inappropriate so soon after Johnny's death. Jenny throws her flings with Adam and Daniel back in her face. Craig returns home and admits he shouldn’t have sent the crutch for fingerprint analysis as he's now in trouble for wasting police resources. About to return to the hospital, Faye admits her dad doesn't know about Sally and the paper. Dev and Bernie host their family dinner in Speed Daal, though Chesney has had to take the irritable quads home. Taking Bernie's hand, Dev announces that they’re now officially a couple. Tim thinks his dream about Sally seemed so real and Elaine tells him not to fret, while she and Faye are evasive as to where his missing wife actually is. Lydia voices her concerns about Daniel's chequered past to Sarah. Daisy overhears and immediately leaps to his defence, assuring her that he's one of the good guys. Away from Tim, Faye and Elaine wonder why Sally hasn't returned from the police station but agree that Tim mustn't know what's going on. Kevin and Faye try to stop Tim seeing the Gazette, but end up having to show him the main page which is about Sally weeing in Victoria Gardens on New Year's Eve.
Part Two: Elaine explains that Sally was asked to go for questioning but resisted and kicked the hospital vending machine in the struggle, then being arrested for criminal damage. Bernie asks Aadi to be a mentor to Joseph. Lydia tells Daniel she's heard the whole story and that she views him as being a good man. He's relieved and asks to hear her life story. Leo can't find a house. Jenny tells him they're moving too fast and wants to slow things down a bit. Tim worries about Sally as she returns in a breathless panic. He's pleased to see her. A happy Joseph loves playing on Aadi's console but wants to spend his £100 on a new game. Bernie stresses to him that he has to keep quiet or they will all get into trouble. She promises to sort something out for him. Sally has been let go with a caution. She wonders who took the picture and leaked it to the press. Tim is happy to be alive and tells her how much he loves her. She understands why he couldn't face the truth about himself with her also knowing and they are reconciled.
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Elaine Jones - Paula Wilcox
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield General - Room 5 and corridor
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- TV Times synopsis: Tim emerges from surgery in a state of confusion; and Dev and Bernie go public as a couple.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,762,000 viewers (10th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →