Part One: Sally finds the smashed wedding picture stashed in a drawer. Chesney makes a big effort to show Joseph how loved he is. Amy's anger intensifies when she reads online that girls at school have experienced upskirting, groping and verbal harassment and nothing has been done about it. Summer just wants to forget it happened. Yasmeen allows Alya to return to work at Speed Daal but not Zeedan. Tim tells Peter he plans to tell Sally the truth after his pre-op appointment on Friday. Peter advises him to think about what happens if the surgery goes wrong. PC Mills interviews Chesney and Joseph at No.5. Joseph says he was alone at the industrial park until Clint Stubbins found him. Confirming that Clint is a friend of the family, Chesney realises that Mills suspects him and Clint of staging Joseph's disappearance in order to claim the reward money. Incensed, he tells the officer to leave. Sally is surprised to find Peter not working when Street Cars are supposedly a man down. Peter's evasiveness leads Sally to doubt Tim's flower story. Tim sorts out his own funeral with George, wanting to make things as easy as possible for Sally if he dies on the operating table. At the salon flat, a bored Craig watches the street through a set of binoculars. Tim is forced to tell Eileen his secret when she finds him and George discussing the funeral.
Part Two: Mrs Crawshaw catches Amy spray painting the words 'Stop Protecting Sex Offenders' onto the side of the school building. Eileen disapprovingly agrees not to tell Sally. Tim's next stop is the solicitors' office to make a will. Sally is bemused to see him enter the building. Dev reveals to Gemma and Bernie that he contributed £3,000 to the appeal. A grateful Gemma encourages her mum to go out with Dev. Sally asks Adam what Tim wanted with him but Adam refuses to tell her, citing client confidentality. Mrs Crawshaw summons Tracy and Amy to a meeting and explains that she has no choice but to suspend Amy for wilfully vandalising school property. Amy's unrepentant and accuses her of caring more about a wall than protecting her students. Hope spends her cut of the reward money on sweets, which she plans to sell at school. Bernie realises that Hope and Joseph are hiding something from her. Craig gets Faye to call the police after spotting a man threatening Mary with a sword. Sally tells Kevin she thinks Tim is having an affair.
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Stu Carpenter - Bill Fellows
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield High - Entrance, classroom and playground
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The entrance playground scene at Weatherfield High was recorded at the Oasis Academy on King William Street in Salford. The classroom was a studio set.
- TV Times synopsis: Sally becomes convinced that Tim is hiding something from her; Amy makes it her mission to fight for change at school; and Dev's generosity impresses.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,784,000 viewers (7th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →