Part One: The search for Joseph has continued all night. Chesney, Bernie, Paul, Dev, Billy, Brian and Cathy have searched the streets while the police have called door to door, as well as having their dog teams and helicopter out. Bernie thinks of offering a reward and Dev says he'll start one. Just yards away, Hope brings Joseph his breakfast up to No.9's loft, saying their plan of making the grown-ups sorry is working. Chesney is at his wits' end as the Family Liaison Officer tries to reassure him, suggesting a TV appeal. Summer helps a semi-interested Amy with her revision and personal statement prior to the two going to the hospital for Summer's diabetes appointment. Sophie rings Sally to say she's recovering. Sally demands Tim tell her who the flowers were for that Jenny saw him carrying yesterday. He lies that he bought them for Benny, a Street Cars driver who's retiring. She's distracted when she sees Maria's campaign leaflet and realises that Tim let slip about County's new training ground. Evelyn grows suspicious about the amount of food that Hope is supposedly eating. Evelyn offers to join the search as Fiz's house valuer is due and Hope realises she'll be looking all over the house. Alya reckons it's a terrible idea when Zeedan suggests they use Hashim's dirty money to pay for somewhere to live. Having started at The Kabin, Shona takes a delivery from supplier Gordon who bores her with his pedantic chatter. Summer presents a set of blood sugar results at the clinic, with a bad reading purposely omitted. Chesney and Gemma record an appeal to be televised.
Part Two: Bernie tells a passing Clint what's happened. As they leave the hospital, Amy and Summer bump into Jacob, his arm in a sling and his face battered. He assures them he no longer has anything to do with the drugs gang and gained his injuries for leaving them. He asks after Kelly but is warned to keep away from them by the girls. Tim isn't pleased when Peter tells him about a friend who's had a heart attack. Hope lets Cerberus out of the house to get Fiz out of the way to fetch him back, thus leaving the coast clear to get Joseph out. Stu gently suggests to Yasmeen that she's wrong to lose her grandchildren. Bernie leaves a collection box for Joseph's reward fund at Speed Daal. Shona throws Gordon out for boring her. Jenny tells her that Rita will be furious. Peter asks Tim what's wrong with him when he sees him reading a funeral brochure and is told about the heart bypass. He tells him he's struggling with the diagnosis and can't stand anyone knowing who'll fuss. Peter agrees to keep it to himself. Fiz's house is valued at between £150,000 and £175,000. Amy sees Max looking at an upskirting photo which he claims he's been sent. Summer recognises herself in the picture. The valuer's last check is in the loft which she finds empty. Having been spirited out by Hope, Joseph walks the streets with rucksack, holdall and rolled-up tent.
Part Three: Chesney starts to grow despondent. A devastated Summer isn't happy with Amy and Asha's suggestion that she report the photo. Tim knocks his wedding photo off the side, smashing the glass. A furious Yasmeen refuses to hand over Hashim's money and throws Zeedan out of the restaurant. Brian and Cathy set off for Cornwall. Rita isn't concerned that Shona upset Gordon. Amy lectures Max about being complicit in a crime and tells him she's not going to let the matter drop. Fiz and Evelyn realise that Hope has slipped out of the house and row about the matter. Alya and Zeedan confront Clint about the dishwasher but are interrupted when Ryan reports that Hashim's money has been given to Joseph's fund. Hope meets up with Joseph, telling him to ditch the items he took from the loft otherwise people will know she's been involved. Maria and Sally argue in the Rovers about Beaver's Nook, with Maria accusing Sally of taking back-handers. Clint sees Hope and Joseph sneaking back to Victoria Street.
Part Four: Seeing an opportunity for the reward, Clint offers to take Joseph back home and claim he found him, but a wily Hope demands £100 cash each to let him. Aadi tells Summer he'll try and find out who took the picture. Billy sees her crying. Returning home, Hope claims she's been searching for Joseph. Chesney and Gemma hug Joseph with relief when Clint returns him, claiming he found him at the Aquaside Industrial Park. Billy wants to involve the police about the photo. Once he's out of the way, Summer starts to tuck into chocolate. Rita is pleased with Shona seeing Gordon off, saying she thinks she's an asset. Joseph sleeps in Chesney's arms as he, Gemma and Fiz ponder the reasons he ran away and the materialism of children. The police are due to trace Joseph's movements tomorrow. Chesney worries that his son doesn't love him.
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Max Turner - Paddy Bever
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Family Liaison Officer - Emily Hunter
- Gordon - Rowe David McClelland
- Nurse - Shareesa Valentine
- Clint Stubbins - Fergus O'Donnell
- Jacob Hay - Jack James Ryan
- Stu Carpenter - Bill Fellows
- Valuer - Deborah Sekibo
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway, loft and yard
- Rosamund Street
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Gardens
- Speed Daal
- Brewery Lane
- Weatherfield General - Nurse's office and exterior
- Aquaside Industrial Park
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes. P694/10536 was written by David Isaac and P694/10537 by Simon Crowther.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Last appearance of Ryan Connor until 20th April 2022.
- Two policemen searching in Victoria Street are uncredited although they have lines of dialogue. The Brown family quads are heard crying but not seen on screen.
- The scene of Joseph Brown wandering down a street past some storage tanks was recorded on Trafford Wharf Road, just west of the MediaCity studios while the adjoining premises of Esprit Warehousing and Docks were used for the scene at the Aquaside Industrial Park. The exterior of the studios doubles as Weatherfield General.
- TV Times synopsis: While Joseph's family fears the worst, Hope also goes missing; Summer is distressed to find she is the victim of upskirting; and Tim swears Peter to secrecy about his health.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,737,041 viewers (7th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →