Part One: Gemma gives Joseph a packed lunch for his school trip to the Imperial War Museum North. Chesney offers to speak to the school about his two bullies but Joseph begs him not to, worried that it will make things worse. Alya tells Zeedan about No.6's locks being changed. Summer gets excited about Oxford. Still annoyed with what happened with Daniel, Amy blanks her. Summer's hurt. Having taken Joseph to school, Chesney tells Gemma she's had a word with Mrs Anderson, his teacher. She's annoyed as he promised not to. Sophie's had an operation to pin her wrist. Tim comes up with an excuse when Sally suggests a dip in the hot tub. Stu sings a song he's written for Yasmeen. She isn't pleased to see her grandchildren in Speed Daal. She reiterates that she can never forgive what they've done and, in tears, begs them to leave. At the museum, Mrs Anderson tells Joseph that she's spoken to Callum and Ben, his bullies, and they've promised to stay away from him, but the look the two give him shows they're far from finished with him. Jenny is annoyed when she sees Rita is having to cope alone with a large delivery at The Kabin while Brian and Cathy are on their lunch. Aadi urges Amy to bury the hatchet with Summer as they've always been good friends. Joseph returns home, angry with his father for breaking his promise.
Part Two: Marrium looks for Zeedan and finds out that Yasmeen has disowned her grandchildren. She refuses to explain why, telling her to ask Zeedan herself, but if she can believe anything he says. Jenny overhears Brian and Cathy planning a holiday in Cornwall and takes them to task for their treatment of Rita. She discovers that it was Rita's idea as she wants Brian out from under her feet. She demands they arrange cover. Chesney looks for Joseph in his back yard den to apologise but he's not there. Alya is wracked with guilt about how they've made her gran feel. Zeedan lies to Marrium about his gran, making her suspicious. She demands to know what's going on. Jenny tells Sally she saw Tim coming out of Preston's Petals with a huge bunch of flowers. Amy sees Summer and follows her into the flat. Once inside, she sees a mass of sweets, buscuits and chocolate that she's bought herself. Chesney tells Gemma and Bernie that Joseph is missing. Sensing that something isn't right, Gemma decides to ring the police.
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Stu Carpenter - Bill Fellows
- Mrs Anderson - Samantha Edwards
- Gordon - Rowe David McClelland
- Marrium Nazir - Kiran Landa
- Coronation Street - Main street view and ginnel
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and yard
- Rosamund Street
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- Speed Daal
- Imperial War Museum North - Exterior
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The Brown family quads are heard crying but are not seen on screen.
- TV Times synopsis: Joseph reacts badly when Chesney goes back on his word; Aadi encourages Amy to bury the hatchet with Summer; and Jenny intervenes to ease Rita's burden.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,554,306 viewers (10th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →