Part One: Tim thinks there must be a mistake as he's been eating healthier and exercising since his heart scare. Dr Handley warns him that if he ignores the problem, he could have a fatal heart attack at any time. Zeedan confesses to Marrium that he's still in love with her and reckons they should give their marriage another chance. Marrium admits she feels the same but insists that they start afresh in the north. Craig arranges for him and Faye to have Tyrone's empty room rather than pay through the nose for a private let. Faye masks her unease when he tells her. Nick apologises to Roy as he drops Sam off at the cafe for more chess. Mary sets about teaching the boy some famous chess moves. Tim remains in denial about his condition and decides to get a second opinion. In the meantime, he sets out to enjoy himself by ordering a pint and crisps in the Rovers. Adam puts Lydia forward for a PA job at the factory to appease Sarah. Carla takes her on. Hope lets Nick borrow her walkie-talkies when he thanks her for getting Sam to speak. Emma is none the wiser about Faye and Craig moving into the salon flat until they arrive with their cases.
Part Two: Emma isn't pleased but has no choice but to go along with it. Alya is horrified by Zeedan's news and fears the truth about Hashim's death will come out. Sarah finds Adam busy cleaning the word 'scum' off his office window. Adam assumes it's Jeremy Bremner, the loser in the boundary dispute case again. Sally tries to entice Tim into doing role play but he isn't in the mood. Craig tells Faye that they have a lead on the Ted Spear case of the signed-for parcel which was delivered after Ted died. Nick plays chess with Sam in the bistro and Sam talks to him for the first time in months. Nick's overjoyed. Faye tells Emma that they need to stick together as there's evidence for both of them being in the flat. Sally asks Tim if he still finds her attractive. He assures her he does but refuses to explain his strange behaviour.
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Sales office and packing area
- Viaduct Bistro - Restaurant and office
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Gardens
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield General - Cardiology and Dr Handley's office
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- TV Times synopsis: Tim reels in shock to learn that he needs a triple heart bypass; and Zeedan and Marrium agree to give their marriage another go.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,273,000 viewers (14th place).
- No episodes were transmitted on Friday 7th January due to ITV coverage of FA Cup football. An hour-long episode was scheduled on Tuesday 4th January instead.
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →