Part One: Faye and Emma scour the web as they await news of Ted's body being found. Mary asks Roy to kindly let Sam beat him at chess. Roy equates it to lying and refuses. Steve thinks Emma is sad because of Curtis. Sally takes the day off to exercise with Tim but he says he has to work. Adam is pleased with himself after winning a boundary dispute case. He's brought back down to earth when he discovers his car has been keyed. Ed completes the building work at Speed Daal. Finishing the decorating himself, Zeedan accepts help from a passing Marrium. Tim finds a crutch in the boot of one of Street Cars's cabs.
Part Two: Emma explains away the crutch as being part of her "Tiny Tim" costume from the party, which was fancy dress. Adam accuses Lydia of keying his car and trying to drive a wedge between him and Sarah. He tells her to grow up and move on from him. Lydia calls him pathetic. Emma can't bear the thought of Ted lying undiscovered and considers going back to the flat. Faye tells her to stick to the plan. A very drunk Lydia shows up late to a business meeting at the factory, angering her boss Gavin. Peter makes a clumsy attempt to cover for Tim, causing Sally to realise that he wasn't called into work. Meanwhile, a nervous Tim attends an appointment with the cardiology consultant, having been referred by Dr Gaddas. Emma calls the police from a phone box in Oakhill, telling them she's worried about her neighbour. She doesn't give her name.
Part Three: Adam is quietly pleased when Sarah tells him what happened with Lydia. Tim is booked in for an angiogram to find out why he's been experiencing shortness of breath. Dr Handley tells him to lay off the exercise until they know what's wrong. As Tim rushes out, Aggie sees him drop his wallet. Sam beats Mary at chess three times in a row. Nick is pleased to see his son enjoying himself at last. Roy then takes Mary's place and checkmates Sam with his first move, a "Fool's Mate". His face falling, Sam quits the game. Alya is worried by the sight of Zeedan and Marrium getting along but Zeedan promises her that Marrium will be gone in a few days. Aggie stops by No.4 to return Tim's wallet. He asks her not to tell Sally about the health check. Craig tells Adam that it was the disgruntled loser of the court case who keyed his car. Sarah is furious to learn that Adam reported Lydia to the police. Realising that it's the reason she got drunk, she tells him he's probably lost Lydia her job and demands he sort it.
Part Four: Nick is annoyed that Roy's incessant honesty has put Sam back to square one. Gail advises him to back off and let Sam communicate in his own time. The police act on Emma's tip-off and find Ted dead in his flat. Craig tells Faye and Emma that it's being treated as suspicious as he had a bruise on his face. Faye can't believe that Emma was so stupid and points out that she could have been caught on CCTV making the call. Adam offers to speak to Gavin for Lydia but she says she isn't bothered about the job. Sally thinks Tim is embarrassed to be seen out with her. Adam tells Sarah he's done all he can for Lydia. She responds by telling him she doesn't want to try for a baby anymore. Faye tells Emma that if the police catch her she's on her own.
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson (10528 only)
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges (10528 only)
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney (10528 only)
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne (10528 only)
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw (10529 only)
- Lydia Chambers - Rebecca Ryan
- Marrium Nazir - Kiran Landa
- Gavin - Adam Waddington (10528 only)
- Dr Handley - Geoffrey Newland
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Sales office and machine room
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Barlow Legal Services
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield General - Cardiology and Dr Handley's office
- Barton Road, Oakhill
- This episode was transmitted at 8.00pm on Tuesday 4th January due to FA Cup football being shown in Coronation Street's usual slot on Friday 7th January. P694/10528 by Susan Oudot and P694/10529 by Jan McVerry make up this hour-long episode.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The 999 operator is uncredited, despite having dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Adam accuses Lydia of vandalism; Alya worries about Zeedan and Marrium; and Tim asks Aggie to keep quiet about his trip to hospital.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,150,000 viewers (18th place).
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2)
Fri 21st • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st (1 2) →