Emma and Faye argue over whether to call the police. The girls assume that Ted died from injuries sustained in the crash and realise they'll be in trouble for not reporting it. Abi lies convincingly to Kevin and makes out that she and Imran were rowing over Kelly. Sally passes her health check with flying colours, while Tim tells her that he did too. As Sally notes they deserve a treat and suggests going for chips, Tim is strangely reluctant. Faye realises how bad it looks that they left Ted on his own to die and suggests that they leave the flat, removing any trace that they were ever there. Checkmated by Roy, Mary suggests that Sam might like to come back tomorrow and have a lesson. Sam smiles and nods. Sarah asks Nick to make out to Adam that she's about ready to move on. Nick says she should do it herself and defends her husband, pointing out that everyone has a history. Imran worries when Tyrone tells him that Kevin just got a text message and rushed off from the garage. As Emma and Faye clean the flat to remove their fingerprints, they're interrupted by a knock at the door. Emma is forced to take in a parcel from the postman after he sees her through the letterbox. Adam assures Sarah that he only cares about her and Harry and couldn't care less about Lydia. Sarah thaws towards him. The girls return to the street, having agreed to keep the accident a secret. Craig looks into flats for him and Faye but discovers they're all too expensive. Abi calls at the builder's yard flat and tells Imran that everything is alright. She's unable to say more as Toyah is there. A furtive Tim takes call confirming an appointment. Faye tells a guilty Emma that they did all they could, reminding her that Ted took responsibility for the collision. Emma assures her that she can keep the secret.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Webster - Sally Carman
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Webster's Autocentre
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Barlow Legal Services
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Gardens
- Ted Spear's flat - Living room and kitchen
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The postman who delivers a parcel for Ted Spear is uncredited, despite having lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Emma and Faye decide to keep the accident a secret; and Mary suggests Roy teaches Sam to play chess.
- Immediately before this episode, at 8.00pm, ITV broadcast the second edition of their irregular series Coronation Street: Soapy Slip Ups, a compilation of "bloopers" accompanied by cast interviews.
|January 2022 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Tue 4th • Wed 5th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th