Part One: A scared Daisy comes downstairs at 5.00am, armed with a water pistol, when she hears a noise. She finds it's Jenny doing her make-up as she doesn't want Leo to see her with her "naked" face. Abi admits to Kevin that she was moved by Kelly's statement about use of drugs to escape. Kevin lectures her about dropping her vendetta against Kelly, pointing out that she didn't intend Seb to die in the same way that Abi didn't mean for Natasha to die. Tracy isn't impressed with a late delivery of presents from Liz of Spanish football shirts for them all. Kelly is delighted when Maria offers her old job back at the barbers. Maria admits to Gary that she still isn't happy with the arrangement. Tim is railroaded into letting Faye have the car for another driving lesson. Adam and Sarah arrive the Chariot Square Hotel, bickering over their luggage. Emma agrees to take Faye for her lesson. A waiter makes a comment to Adam about him leaving his wallet the last time he was there and a prickly Sarah wonders if he's bought her to the same place where he slept with Carla. She is also displeased that Lydia has admitted that her and Adam's brief fling actually lasted six months. Faye slams Tim's fingers in the car door by accident. Adam and Sarah continue to argue and she ends the hotel date.
Part Two: Leo sets out to meet some friends for house party and invites Jenny to come along and meet his friends when she's locked up. She's reluctant to agree. Faye and Emma drive Tim to the hospital to have his hand seen to. Emma spots Curtis also arriving by a black cab. Abi asks Kelly for a talk in Victoria Gardens where they agree to keep out of each other's way. Kelly thinks Abi looks pale. Emma catches up with Curtis and apologises for doubting him about the money. He tells her he's there to see his psychologist. Daisy despairs when no one has plans to celebrate New Year. Curtis refuses Emma's company with his appointment but agrees to meet later. A disgruntled Adam complains to Peter and Ken about his falling out with Sarah and is advised to make it up. Kevin is delighted that Abi and Kelly have reached a truce. She feels wiped out. Emma sees Curtis insisting he sees a cardiologist and realises he's been lying to her again.
Part Three: Emma confronts Curtis outside the hospital with what she's seen, having summoned Neville and Steve there. He feels betrayed by her though he admits he still loves her. His dad takes him away. Daniel and Lydia find Sarah drinking alone in the Rovers. Sarah blurts out that Daniel once slept with Bethany, stunning both Lydia and Daisy. Tim returns home with his bruised hand bandaged. Jenny still can't accept that Leo likes her. He returns with his friends. One of them, Gray, tells a flattered and delighted Jenny that Leo has been talking about her for weeks. Steve and Emma make up. She and Faye drive to a party. Tim is depressed that his heart condition means he can't eat and drink as he would wish to. Toyah and Imran enjoy a quiet New Year's Eve with Elsie. While Kevin naps, Abi sends someone a text asking to meet them urgently.
Part Four: Sally and Tim spend the evening in the Rovers. Adam finds a tipsy Sarah coming out of the Rovers, heading home and still angry with him for lying to him about having a relationship with Lydia. Steve is depressed as he thinks about Oliver. Having drunk a lot, Sally is caught short in Victoria Gardens. The Red Rec fireworks begin at midnight. Jenny enjoys cuddling up with Leo in the Rovers' yard. Sally agrees when Tim says they should both take better care of their health this coming year. Abi meets Imran at the solicitors and tells him that she thinks she's pregnant. A despondent Adam interrupts them to settle down by himself for the night in the office.
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Abi Webster - Sally Carman
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Leo Thompkins - Joe Frost
- Curtis Delamere - Sam Retford
- Neville Delamere - Mark Cameron
- Lydia Chambers - Rebecca Ryan
- Gray - Dru Jones
- Elsie - Arabella Berkeley (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and yard
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Barlow Legal Services
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield General - Car park, reception, corridor and cardiology department
- Chariot Square Hotel - Bar and hotel room
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes, both written by Simon Crowther. It was transmitted at 8.00pm.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- A waiter at the Chariot Square Hotel is uncredited although he has lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Emma is shocked to bump into Curtis at the hospital; Sarah and Adam's New Year getaway turns sour; and Jenny's age gap misgivings threaten her relationship with Leo.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,652,224 viewers (10th place).
- This was the final episode of the programme to be given an individual repeat on ITV2 when it was shown on Saturday 1st January 2022 at 5.00am. Thereafter the channel only showed a Saturday omnibus repeat of episodes.
Tracy McDonald: "I personally would settle for an end to this pandemic. Anything after that would be a bonus. Do you know something? I used to think that 'normal' was boring. But it isn't. Normality is a luxury and you only realise that once it's been taken away from you."
|December 2021 episodes|
|← Wed 1st (1 2) • Fri 3rd (1 2) • Mon 6th (1 2) • Wed 8th (1 2) • Fri 10th (1 2)
Mon 13th • Tue 14th • Wed 15th • Thu 16th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th (1 2) • Wed 22nd (1 2)
Fri 24th • Sat 25th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Tue 28th • Fri 31st →