Toyah argues that, if forced to choose, they should keep Kelly as Elsie will be easier for social services to place with another family. The mourners decamp to the bistro following Natasha's funeral. The Platts engage with Sam in an attempt to bring him out of his shell, without success. Abi returns and reveals to Jack and Kevin what she's been up to, passing Jack an official intention to adopt. She's touched when he asks if he can call her 'mum'. Sam silently hands Nick a letter. Nick reads the eulogy, in which Sam says he's lost in a black hole without his mother. Kelly returns to the street and goes to face Nina, telling her she's sorry for everything. Nina blames her for setting everything in motion by assaulting her and says she'll never forgive her. Danny decides to take the London job and gives Debbie notice. She's annoyed at Ronnie for helping a mate poach her manager. Kelly reunites with Toyah and is gutted to learn that she and Imran have split up. Hearing that Imran cheated on Toyah and helped with Harvey's appeal, she blames herself for putting too much pressure on him and implores Toyah to forgive Imran. As Summer comes out of Daniel's flat, she bumps into Aadi. Aadi's delighted to see her and glancing wistfully back, Summer paints on a smile for him. Imran and Toyah tell Kelly that Elsie might have to go to make room for her. Nick feels that Natasha is dead because of him and he should have left well alone. Leanne tells him he's wrong and Sam needs him now more than ever. Kelly decides that she can't live in a street where everyone hates her and arranges to move into supported accommodation. Danny and James decide to try a long-distance relationship. Toyah admits to Imran that she hasn't been able to hate him, despite her best efforts. He asks her to take him back and she agrees. Kelly enters her room to find 'MURDERER' spray-painted on the wall.
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Webster - Sally Carman
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Jack Webster - Kyran Bowes
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro - Restaurant and kitchen
- Victoria Street
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Chariot Square Hotel - Room 16
- Supported accommodation - Kelly's room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- TV Times synopsis: James encourages Danny to pursue his dream.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,647,209 viewers (10th place).
Nick Tilsley (reading Sam Blakeman's eulogy): "For the longest time, it was just me and my mum. She was a mum and a dad to me and we didn't need anyone else. When she hugged me, it felt like being wrapped in a warm, soft cloud, but when Poppy Davenport stuck my head in an ant's nest, my mum was fierce. She always stuck up for me and kept me safe. My mum was like a shooting star, she burned bright then she fell to earth and the light and the brightness was gone. When a star dies, it can result in a black hole, that's all that's left behind. I've fallen into a black hole and I don't know how to get out."
|November 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd (1 2) • Fri 5th • Mon 8th (1 2) • Tue 9th
Wed 10th (1 2) • Tue 16th • Wed 17th (1 2) • Fri 19th (1 2) • Mon 22nd (1 2)
Wed 24th (1 2) • Fri 26th (1 2) • Mon 29th (1 2) →