Part One: Instead of the photographers, Abi has called in to see DS Swain to push for the forensic results. The police officer counsels her to be patient, but also not to get her hopes up as they need conclusive proof for the CPS to reopen the case. A shocked Debbie reads the letter. Fergus collects supplies for Izzy from Underworld. Sally flatters him into divulging that major plans are afoot to build over lots of green spaces, all promoted by councillor Maureen Lungi whose husband is in the tarmac trade. Despite Swain's warning, Abi feels optimistic about the forensic results as she discusses them with Nina. Curtis arrives home to find the flat covered in post-it notes about anatomy to help him. He seems perturbed to hear that neighbour Aggie works at Weatherfield General and snaps that her books are out of date. A grateful Nina gives Stu his meal on the house. He tells her how Corey treats him like dirt. Abi arrives back home to be confronted by Debbie about the letter. She demands to know why it was written and Jack begs her to drop her vendetta.
Part Two: Abi assures them that she no longer has such plans, that Corey will be dealt with by the forensic evidence, and Kevin mustn't know what she was contemplating. Jack is relieved but Debbie is angry with her for potentially upsetting her brother. Sally confirms to Maria that the plans are true but counters that the parking pressures will be alleviated and council revenues will be increased. Maria is angry with her lack of community spirit. Debbie realises that Tez supplied Abi with the gun and rants at her for not behaving like a normal person. Their row upsets Jack. Corey tells Emma he's not happy that she may have been discussing his condition with a stranger, but she assures him nothing like that happened. Debbie keeps quiet about what she's discovered when Kevin arrives home. Corey reports back to Stefan that Stu and Nina are in cahoots when he sees the homeless man leaving the cafe. Having alerted Chris Golding to her story, Maria records her views for the journalist about the Red Rec plans which a passing Tracy interrupts with insults directed her way. Maria turns on her with a passionate statement about the environment. Debbie tells Abi that although she's grown to like her, she's a magnet for trouble and wants her to walk away from the wedding and her family.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Jack Webster - Kyran Bowes
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Stu Carpenter - Bill Fellows
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Curtis Delamere - Sam Retford
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- DS Swain - Vicky Myers
- Fergus Dunford - Toby Hadoke
- Chris Golding - Lois Mackie
- Coronation Street
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Underworld - Packing area
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The scene in which Maria Connor rants at Tracy McDonald for not caring about the environment was for use in the episode of EastEnders broadcast on 2nd November where the video recorded by Chris Golding became viral. This initiative was for part of a week in which each of the major UK TV soaps included scenes involving one of their competitors, all on an environmental theme, to publicise the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference ("COP26") which was taking place in Glasgow that week. The idea was suggested by Emmerdale 's executive producer (and former Coronation Street storyliner) Jane Hudson.
- TV Times synopsis: Debbie issues Abi with an ultimatum; and Emma's attempt to support Curtis fails to impress.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,747,107 viewers (9th place).
|November 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd (1 2) • Fri 5th • Mon 8th (1 2) • Tue 9th
Wed 10th (1 2) • Tue 16th • Wed 17th (1 2) • Fri 19th (1 2) • Mon 22nd (1 2)
Wed 24th (1 2) • Fri 26th (1 2) • Mon 29th (1 2) →