Asha talks to Nina about going back to the soup kitchen to find Stu. Sean thinks he can help them out. Corey meets up with Stu who asks for £500 instead of the £100 that they previously agreed. Sam won't come out of his hotel bathroom. Struggling to know what to do, Nick thinks getting some of his things from the flat will help him settle down. Asha encourages Nina to start being more positive. Dudley, a homeless friend of Sean, turns up at the cafe at his request. He suggests to the girls that they go and speak to some of the people living by the arches to see if they know where Stu is. Curtis runs his hand through his hair and a clump falls out. Emma worries when he reveals that it's another side effect of his illness and nothing can be done about it. Abi hands Roy wedding invitations for him and Nina and asserts that the event is a new beginning and a chance to put the past to bed. Roy’s pleased to see her so positive. To get Alya out of the way, Zeedan encourages his sister to go and see Ryan as he's not responding to her texts. Once, she's gone, he starts to launder Hashim's money through Speed Daal's till. Dudley finds out which is Stu's tent but the man himself is nowhere to be seen. Telling Asha to keep watch, Nina starts to rifle through it. A furious Dudley spots them and chases them away. Hashim meets up with Zeedan in the ginnel and, handing him a bag of £50,000 in cash, tells him he's got a month to push it through the books, or else. As Asha and Nina head home, they spot Stu without the rucksack. They start to follow him. Tez calls at No.13 and tells Abi he needs the gun back. When she reveals that the gun, complete with his fingerprints, has gone missing, he is furious. Emma confides in Steve how worried she is about Curtis's condition and wonders if he'd lend her the money from Oliver’s fund to allow him to see a private consultant. Nina bites the bullet and tells Stu they need his help. Asha listens as a tearful Ryan talks about Johnny's death. He also reckons his DJ career is over as his equipment was wrecked from the night of the storm. He's grateful when Alya offers him some shifts at Speed Daal. Nina explains to Stu how Corey's backpack could prove he killed Seb. But Stu's adamant he doesn't want to get involved and hurries away, leaving the girls bitterly disappointed. Emma's deflated as Steve gently explains that he can’t release Oliver's funds for Curtis as people handed over their money in good faith and it would probably be illegal. Tez orders Abi to find the gun or she’ll regret it. As he makes to leave, Kevin returns home and wants to know what's going on. Abi lies that Tez blames her poor parenting for Seb's death. Kevin's incensed on her behalf. Sam finally emerges from the bathroom but remains silent. Corey hands over the £500 to Stu who gives him the bag. Corey finds it is empty of his clothing. Zeedan launders more of the cash. Stu turns up at the corner shop with Corey's clothing. Asha and Nina are delighted with his help. Corey admits to a furious Stefan the trouble that they're in. They set off to try and find the clothes before the police do but the girls have already handed them over to DS Swain for forensics. She warns them to keep the development to themselves for the moment. Nick tries to talk to Sam again, but he once more retreats to the bathroom. Leanne counsels Nick to be patient. Curtis assures Emma that she keeps him going and in good spirits. Zeedan meets Hashim once more, saying £50,000 is too high a sum to launder. As Ryan passes the ginnel, he notices the two men involved in a heated exchange. When Ryan questions him, Zeedan refuses to be drawn, leaving him suspicious. Nina tells Asha that she's ready to give their relationship another go, if she's willing to have her back. Asha's thrilled. Abi thinks Jack is quiet. She doesn't realise he's found the note she left for Kevin on the night she set out to kill Corey.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Zeedan Nazir - Qasim Akhtar
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Jack Webster - Kyran Bowes
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Stu Carpenter - Bill Fellows
- Dudley - Christian Foster
- Curtis Delamere - Sam Retford
- Hashim Elamin - Vincent Ebrahim
- Tez Wyatt - Stephen Lord
- Stefan Brent - Paul Opacic
- DS Swain - Vicky Myers
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Speed Daal
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield Police Station - Reception
- Chariot Square Hotel - Room 16
- Arches near Red Rec
- Unknown roads
- Stefan Brent's house - Exterior
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes. P694/10468 was written by Sam Holdsworth and P694/10469 by Chris Fewtrell.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- The episode is unusual in having four credited directors. This was due both to COVID restrictions and the amount of preparation needed for filming. Four film crews worked separately to record the episodes, each headed by one of the directors.
- The scenes at the soup kitchen were recorded on Bank Bridge Street in the Clayton area of Manchester, whilst the scenes showing Stu Carpenter meeting up with Corey Brent, Asha Alahan and Nina Lucas were recorded on Fairclough Street and Archer Street in the same area on 2nd September 2021. The scene outside Stefan Brent's house was recorded outside 83, The Avenue, Sale.
- This episode's extended end credits, running to 50", uses a longer version of the Coronation Street theme music.
- TV Times synopsis: Asha and Nina track down Stu and beg his help; Zeedan feels the strain of laundering Hashim's cash; and Emma asks a big favour of Steve.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,805,603 viewers (13th place).
|October 2021 episodes|
|← Fri 1st (1 2) • Mon 4th (1 2) • Wed 6th (1 2) • Fri 8th (1 2) • Mon 11th (1 2)
Wed 13th (1 2) • Fri 15th (1 2) • Mon 18th (1 2) • Wed 20th (1 2)
Fri 22nd (1 2) • Mon 25th (1 2) • Wed 27th (1 2) • Fri 29th →