Part One: Abi and Corey survive the fall but are trapped in the sewer together with water streaming in through the grates. The prison van driver comes to the Alahans' aid. Dev is relieved to find Aadi's unconscious body next to the burning car, indicating that he made it out before the explosion. Out for revenge, Harvey grabs Leanne's phone and texts Toyah and Simon telling them to come to the bistro. Jenny asks Johnny not to leave Weatherfield on her account. Nina begs Roy not to report the gunshot to the police. He relents but remains desperate to find Abi before it's too late. With Abi pinned down by debris, Corey grabs the gun and points it at her. David and Shona arrive back in the street as Ryan gets help from Leo to check the manhole. Leo thinks it's linked to the sinkhole in the Platts' garden and orders the entire area to be evacuated. Abi challenges Corey to pull the trigger and prove to everyone that he's a cold blooded killer. He's about to do so when a piece of debris falls on him, causing him to drop the gun.
Part Two: Debbie refuses to shut up shop. Her customers ignore Ryan and Kirk when they attempt to clear the beer tent, thinking it's part of the show. Harvey gags Leanne and binds her hands together with gaffer tape after she tries to escape. Reclaiming the gun, Abi takes aim at Corey and asks her why she should spare him when he didn't spare Seb. The ambulance arrive at the crash site and Aadi and Kevin are rushed to hospital. Debbie gets a call to say that Kevin has been hurt. Kirk tells Roy that Corey went into the House of Horrors. Sabeen informs Imran about Harvey's escape and that he knows Toyah scuppered his appeal. He calls Toyah to warn her. Leanne manages to run out into the street while Harvey's back is turned. Abi forces Corey to confess to killing Seb in order to earn his freedom. She's sickened when he offers her money for her silence. Accusing him of having enjoyed murdering her son, Abi is about to pull the trigger when Roy calls out from atop the manhole and asks her to put the weapon down.
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Prison Van Driver - Jason Ward
- Harvey Gaskell - Will Mellor
- Leo Thompkins - Joe Frost
- Paramedic Fi - Eve Shotton
- Sabeen Habeeb - Zora Bishop (Voice only, uncredited)
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro
- Roy's Rolls
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Brewery Lane
- House of Horrors tent
- Country lane
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording. For this episode, part of ITV's "Super Soap Week", over 70 such bubbles were employed by the cast and crew .
- The episode is unusual in having four credited directors. This was due both to COVID restrictions and the amount of preparation needed to film the week's six episodes. Four film crews worked separately to record the episodes, each headed by one of the directors. Here, Brett Fallis handled the portion of the episode involving the aftermath of the Alahans' car explosion , George C. Siougas directed the sewer scenes involving Abi Franklin and Corey Brent, while scenes on the outdoor set were directed by Suri Krishnamma .
- Due to the amount of water needed in the underground scenes, these segments were recorded at Space Studios in Vaughan Street, Manchester. where the production team used portable swimming pools and suspended the sets into the pools. Five tanker loads of water were used for filming across the five episodes .
- The fight between Harvey Gaskell and Leanne Battersby was arranged by Kate Waters, with Curtis Rivers credited as stunt co-ordinator, and Tracy Caudle, Ryan Green and Tim Halloran as stunt doubles, the former for Abi and the latter for Corey [.
- The country road scenes involving the Alahans were recorded on location on Stones Bank Road between Darwen and Bolton.
- TV Times synopsis: The Platts' sinkhole threatens the safety of Debbie's event; Abi and Corey are trapped in a sewer with steadily rising water; and Harvey gags Leanne in the bistro.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,950,327 viewers (9th place).
|October 2021 episodes|
|← Fri 1st (1 2) • Mon 4th (1 2) • Wed 6th (1 2) • Fri 8th (1 2) • Mon 11th (1 2)
Wed 13th (1 2) • Fri 15th (1 2) • Mon 18th (1 2) • Wed 20th (1 2)
Fri 22nd (1 2) • Mon 25th (1 2) • Wed 27th (1 2) • Fri 29th →