Tyrone angers Alina further by dodging her questions on his feelings for Fiz. Alina infers that he wants to get back with Fiz and is heartbroken. At the hospital, Ken, Rita and Mary are met by a tearful Freda who tells them that Norris has passed away. Fiz realises she's forgotten a lunch date with Phill when he turns up at No.9 to meet her. He's surprisingly understanding. Alina tells Emma that she's pregnant. Norris's friends are stunned by his death. Freda tells them that Norris had suspected Claudia and Charles Moore of having an affair and was snooping outside Claudia's room with his camera at Stillwaters when he collapsed. Ken assumes that this was the news Norris wanted to impart. They laugh at the thought that Norris died doing what he loved. Craig tells James he hopes his interview will help with the investigation. James is unimpressed, pointing out he should have told the truth in the first place. Fiz tells Phill about her kiss with Tyrone and says she's glad it happened as it's helped her realise that she doesn't want Tyrone any more. Rita is sorry that she saw so little of Norris in his final months. Ken rings Emily with the sad news, while Rita calls Jenny who announces it in the Rovers. Jenny, Cathy and Dev struggle to think of something kind to say about Norris but they all agree that he was a character. Alina dumps the couple's shot at the garage with the word 'liar' scrawled across Tyrone's forehead. Tyrone is publicly humiliated. Ken, Rita and Mary join everyone in the Rovers as they remember Norris. Tyrone arrives home to find that Alina has moved out. Emma asks him what he's doing about the baby, not realising that he doesn't know. He rushes off to stop Alina and finds her about to get in a taxi. Alina tells him she's returning to Romania and their baby will have nothing to do with him; he's done a rubbish job of bringing up his two kids and she's not going to let him do the same to hers. Getting in the taxi, Alina leaves the street.
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Beth Sutherland - Lisa George
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and yard
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield Police Station - Exterior
- Weatherfield General - Exterior
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- This episode features the off-screen death of Norris Cole, who last appeared on 24th June 2020.
- The exterior of the Tony Warren Building at MediaCity studios doubles as the entrance and grounds of Weatherfield General.
- TV Times synopsis: Freda breaks the news of Norris's death; Alina is heartbroken by Tyrone's confession; and Craig's gesture leaves James unmoved.
|September 2021 episodes|
|← Wed 1st (1 2) • Fri 3rd (1 2) • Mon 6th (1 2) • Fri 10th (1 2)
Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th (1 2) • Thu 16th • Fri 17th (1 2) • Mon 20th (1 2)
Wed 22nd (1 2) • Fri 24th (1 2) • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th (1 2) →