Part One: Fiz listens in disbelief as Tyrone reveals that he views his engagement to Alina as a mistake. Hurt that he went back to Alina after they kissed, Fiz says she now wants to make a new life for herself, just as he has. Imran is allowed in to see Kelly who bursts into tears when she sees him, saying her life is over and she can't even kill herself properly. Tyrone tells Alina that Fiz is thinking of moving away with the girls and he can't possibly go to Romania with her at the moment. He takes his frustrations out on her, saying she's been railroading him. Michael passes on the news to an unimpressed James that Craig says he wants to be reinterviewed for the police investigation. Sally calls on Kevin and finds out about Abi's departure. She tells him that the way she lashed out at him is her classic way of dealing with her anger, and assures him she does love him, despite what she told him. He worries how to explain her absence to Jack. Imran and Toyah try to counsel Kelly, who is despondent that she is still alive and feels sorrier for herself than for others. Tyrone keeps an eye on the departures from the bistro. Kelly starts to perk up.
Part Two: Imran organises mental health counselling for her, assuring her that they will be supporting her all the way. As Tyrone watches on, Fiz agrees to see Phill again tomorrow. Taken aback, Aadi and Summer walk into the dinner party arranged for them with Billy in attendance. Dev fawns all over them, making the youngsters uncomfortable. Returning to the flat, Imran hears a missed call that Kelly made last night just before she attempted suicide. He blames Toyah for letting it go to voicemail without speaking to her. Alina cancels the trip to Romania and Tyrone apologises for his manner earlier on. As he hides his guilt, she says she accepts that the girls come equal to her. Imran and Toyah make up, agreeing that they need to be united for Kelly. The youngsters start to enjoy the dinner party as they play games, but things turn sour when a drunken Dev asks them if they are having safe sex yet. They make a hasty escape. Tyrone confesses to Evelyn that he's made a huge mistake. Whilst saying he has no one but himself to blame, she worries about her grandson when she sees how much the pressure is getting to him.
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Kelly's room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Roy Cropper (David Neilson) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Tyrone takes out his emotional turmoil on Alina; Craig shares an update with James; and Dev throws a dinner party for Aadi and Summer.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,752,024 viewers (6th place).
|September 2021 episodes|
|← Wed 1st (1 2) • Fri 3rd (1 2) • Mon 6th (1 2) • Fri 10th (1 2)
Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th (1 2) • Thu 16th • Fri 17th (1 2) • Mon 20th (1 2)
Wed 22nd (1 2) • Fri 24th (1 2) • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th (1 2) →