Laura has to state she didn't lie about Kelly in the previous case when she is threatened with a charge of perjury, destroying Imran's case that her daughter isn't violent. Emma and Steve still can't find Curtis anywhere. Todd tells them that he's in the Rovers. Hope has been sent home for throwing slime at the harvest festival display because no one played with her, under instructions from their parents not to associate "with a psycho". Fiz and Tyrone try to buoy her up but she refuses to ever go back to the school. Todd tells George about the depth of Eileen's anger. Emma finds Curtis drunk and depressed about his condition and walks out. George tells Eileen that Todd isn't at fault and he is the only one responsible. He offers to dispose of the ashes in any way she likes. Imran and Laura argue bitterly about her evidence. Eileen is pleased when George reports back that Phelan's ashes have been dumped in the dog poo bin on the Red Rec. She forgives him but explains that they could never be anything more than friends as she can no longer trust men. He tries to persuade her to look at things differently and give him a chance. The police report back that Christian Higginson got his job fairly and squarely. The barristers sum up for the jury with Sabeen saying Nina's evidence is, at best, a false memory. Abi interrupts from the gallery and is threatened with being removed. Sobered up, Curtis apologises to Emma, saying he's having trouble not having a definite diagnosis. She forgives him as he moves in. Kelly thanks Imran for all he's done as the court adjourns. Imran suddenly overhears Sabeen telling Stefan that she hopes he's covered his tracks if he has done anything illegal, and subsequently Stefan telling his son that he's moved heaven and earth for him. Hope is persuaded to return to school. Fiz thanks Tyrone for his support. Hearing about the Romanian holiday, Fiz gives him her blessing to go, leaving him torn about how he feels. Eileen tells Todd he can stay but encourages him to go out for the evening so that she and George can have the house to themselves. Imran calls on Abi saying she's right that Stefan bribed Eli and he asks her to trust him to nail them.
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Sabeen Habeeb - Zora Bishop
- Kwame Boateng - Stefan Asante-Boateng
- Judge - Olwen May
- Curtis Delamere - Sam Retford
- Laura Neelan - Kel Allen
- Stefan Brent - Paul Opacic
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Weatherfield Crown Court - Courtroom, corridor and waiting area
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Scenes at Weatherfield Crown Court were recorded at the old magistrates' court in Le Mans Crescent, Bolton. This shoot was the first piece of location filming conducted for the programme which was not in close proximity to the MediaCity studios since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic though no jury was shown to reduce the number of actors in the closed space, even though they were frequently spoken to. In addition, Sally Carman's shots for the storyline were recorded later separately to the other scenes over a two-day shoot as the actress was on sick leave due to Covid during the original filming.
- TV Times synopsis: Imran and Sabeen deliver their closing addresses in court; and George apologises to Eileen.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,851,415 viewers (7th place).
- No episodes were transmitted on Wednesday 8th September to allow for coverage of World Cup qualifier football.
|September 2021 episodes|
|← Wed 1st (1 2) • Fri 3rd (1 2) • Mon 6th (1 2) • Fri 10th (1 2)
Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th (1 2) • Thu 16th • Fri 17th (1 2) • Mon 20th (1 2)
Wed 22nd (1 2) • Fri 24th (1 2) • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th (1 2) →