Part One: Abi reports her suspicions of Christian Higginson to the family liaison officer. Imran is feeling despondent, feeling he hasn't acquitted himself well in court. Imran has doubts about what Laura might say when she's on the stand. Toyah tries to bolster his feelings. Alina is excited about her and Tyrone's Romanian trip. She also agrees to Emma's request that Curtis can move into the flat. George is dreading having Eileen scatter the ashes of "Patsy". Chesney is surprised to see Hope about to set off for school and Fiz and Tyrone have to make excuses when Hope asks if she can go with Joseph. Stefan is not in court for the latest day. Eileen has found a nice spot to scatter the ashes and starts to read the eulogy she's composed. Feeling guilt-ridden, George stops her and tells her that in fact they belong to Phelan. She walks out in shock. Kelly takes the stand. She tearfully admits to slapping Nina to impress Corey, and then tells the full truth about what subsequently happened, breaking down as she does so.
Part Two: Sabeen cross-examines Kelly, bringing up the incident of sharing Asha's naked picture in April 2020 as an example of how vindictive she can be. Curtis doesn't turn up with his belongings as expected. Emma's worried and Steve volunteers to help look for him. Kwame Boateng brings up conjecture about Kelly being able to clean Seb's blood off her legs before going home which the judge allows. Alina tells Tyrone she's arranged a call with her parents to discuss their holiday arrangements but Fiz interrupts them to say that the school has phoned for them to go in immediately as Hope hasn't settled in. Emma finds out that Curtis rang in sick to the bistro. Steve can't find him either while all the time Curtis is getting paralytic in the Rovers. Todd finds him mum by herself in the pub and apologises for his part in the deception. She tells him that she doesn't want to see him or George ever again. Laura tells the court about Kelly's difficult upbringing and how well she coped with her dysfunctional parents. Sabeen counters with her recent prosecution for child cruelty and the evidence she gave in that instance that she was afraid of her violent, unpredictable and aggressive daughter. Imran despairs.
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Ruby Dobbs - Macy Alabi
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Sabeen Habeeb - Zora Bishop
- Kwame Boateng - Stefan Asante-Boateng
- Judge - Olwen May
- Curtis Delamere - Sam Retford
- Laura Neelan - Kel Allen
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Webster's Autocentre
- Viaduct Bistro
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Weatherfield Crown Court - Courtroom and corridor
- Last appearance of Joseph Brown until 10th January 2022.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Scenes at Weatherfield Crown Court were recorded at the old magistrates' court in Le Mans Crescent, Bolton. This shoot was the first piece of location filming conducted for the programme which was not in close proximity to the MediaCity studios since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic however cast numbers were limited and only two members of the jury appeared on camera. Sally Carman's shots for the storyline were recorded later separately to the other scenes over a two-day shoot as the actress was on sick leave due to Covid during the original filming.
- TV Times synopsis: Laura gives evidence in defence of Kelly; George tells Eileen the awful truth about the ashes; and Emma frets over Curtis's absence.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,726,364 viewers (9th place).
|September 2021 episodes|
|← Wed 1st (1 2) • Fri 3rd (1 2) • Mon 6th (1 2) • Fri 10th (1 2)
Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th (1 2) • Thu 16th • Fri 17th (1 2) • Mon 20th (1 2)
Wed 22nd (1 2) • Fri 24th (1 2) • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th (1 2) →