On the eve of the trial, Nina's memories of Seb's murder are accidentally triggered by music playing in the cafe. As she wakes from her nap, she sees a flurry of images from the attack but struggles to make sense of them. Sabeen tries to intimidate Imran into advising Kelly to accept the plea deal. Nina is frustrated that she still can't definitively place Corey or Kelly at the scene of the attack. Corey refuses the plea deal, maintaining that he's completely innocent. Abi brings the bag of items found on Seb's body to Nina, hoping that they'll spark her memory in the same way as the music. Recognising the plastic heart ring Seb gave to her that day, Nina decides to retrace her steps to help herself piece everything together. Abi, Summer and Asha go with her to Aquaside Industrial Park, where the group re-enacts Nina and Seb's encounter with Corey's gang. This helps Nina remember which direction she and Seb took off in. Imran tells Kelly that the shoe evidence is inadmissable. She's devastated but nevertheless declines the plea offer. Nina remembers Corey and his mates chasing her and Seb and the pair hiding outside a warehouse. Repeating his account of events to Sabeen, Corey has to keep correcting himself to make his story consistent with what he has previously told the police. He swears on his family's lives that Kelly was the only one who hit Seb. As Nina, Abi, Summer and Asha return to Harper Street, where the attack took place, Nina remembers running from Eli Higginson and Jay Dowling after Seb fell to the ground. She's disgusted with herself for leaving Seb to his fate. Finally, her memories of the attack itself return, including being kicked by Eli and Jay, crawling onto the road and seeing Kelly desperately trying to hold Corey back as he laid into Seb.
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Eli Higginson - Liam Scholes
- Jay Dowling - Mason Hey
- Sabeen Habeeb - Zora Bishop
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Barlow Legal Services
- Aquaside Industrial Park
- Warehouse exterior
- Harper Street
- Millbank Secure Training Centre - Meeting room
- Boys' prison - Meeting room
- This episode features multiple flashbacks to the events of Episode 10317 (5th May 2021) as Nina Lucas regains her memories of Seb Franklin's murder. The flashbacks are a mixture of archive and newly-recorded footage, with Harry Visinoni returning to the programme to record additional scenes as Seb, his first appearance since the character's death on 7th May 2021.
- In addition to the flashbacks, the episode opens with a dream sequence in which Nina views a conversation between herself, Seb and Abi Franklin on the morning of the attack whose dialogue mirrors that in Episode 10317 (5th May 2021). It is accompanied on both occasions by Another Girl, Another Planet by The Only Ones which is slightly distorted this time round to reflect on the surreal nature of the dream in which people and cars are moving backwards and a bus stop poster is deliberately placed upside down.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact, such as the flashback scenes in this episode which included a kiss between Nina and Seb, and Kelly Neelan attempting to intervene as Corey Brent kicks Seb. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- Scenes at the Aquaside Industrial Park were filmed at the premises of Esprit Warehousing and Docks beside the MediaCity studios on Trafford Wharf Road, whilst on-site locations such as the back of Victoria Street doubled as the warehouse and the street where Nina and Seb were attacked.
- Kate Waters was the fight arranger for the scene of the assault on Nina Lucas and Seb Franklin with Christina Low as the stunt double and Andy Merchant as the stunt co-ordinator.
- TV Times synopsis: A flicker of memory spurs Nina to stage a reconstruction of the day that she and Seb were attacked.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,534,187 viewers (9th place).
|August 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th (1 2) • Fri 6th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th (1 2) • Fri 13th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th (1 2) • Fri 20th
Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th (1 2) • Fri 27th • Mon 30th (1 2) →