Part One: Having been unable to sleep, Imran has been for a walk. Returning, he shows Toyah the cash left at the office, saying it comes to £7,000. She warns him against using it on the case, saying it must be bad money, but he's desperate for it to used to help Kelly. Liam has been discharged, while Maria has been given a community resolution order and has to pay for damages to the Underworld van. Ronnie invites Jenny out for a meal but she makes non-committal, leaving him disappointed. Grace looks forward to being Michael's business partner but he's less than enthused. James receives confirmation in the post that his case will be reinvestigated. A worried Abi has heard rumours that Tommy Orpington has been called as a character witness for Corey. Michael confides in Ronnie that in reality he doesn't love or trust Grace. His uncle tells him he can only risk telling the truth or have a miserable life.
Part Two: Sabeen calls on Imran and suggests they both ask the court to take account of Corey and Kelly's ages as it benefit both their clients. He rejects the idea. Sally takes Jack to the cafe. Upset about hearing Abi frequently crying over Seb, he's puzzled why someone like Tommy would support Corey. Sally assures him that he wouldn't do it if he really knew what Corey had done. Kevin takes a call saying the trial is definitely on for next week but the identity of the defendants is being protected with no categorisation of the offence being a hate crime. He's admits to Debbie that he's worried how Abi will take the news. Maria apologises to Sarah who takes the admission coldly. In the Rovers, Michael comes clean to Grace. She's livid, feeling she's been used for sex. Throwing a drink over him, she storms out. Sally is delighted when Maria tells her she was wrong for dismissing her concerns about the parking problem and volunteers to support her campaign. Toyah's dismayed when Simon finds that Corey's identity has been leaked online on a Tommy Orpington fansite. Daisy thinks Jenny will regret turning down Ronnie's invitation and she should give him a chance. Returning home, Grace drags the truth out of Michael that he was only worried about losing his daughter and he doesn't love her. Jack admits he made the post about Corey after what Sally said to him. Toyah warns him and Abi that in doing so, he may have jeopardised Corey going on trial.
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Liam Connor - Charlie Wrenshall
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Grace Vickers - Kate Spencer
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Jack Webster - Kyran Bowes
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Underworld - Breakout area
- Viaduct Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Barlow Legal Services
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Gardens
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew. Exceptions were occasionally made for instances in which characters were required to be in close contact. These were made in accordance with the rules by employing measures such as more frequent testing and cast members bubbling up together prior to recording.
- TV Times synopsis: Abi tells Kevin she has heard whispers that Tommy Orpington has been lined up as a character witness for Corey; and Ronnie urges Michael to come clean to Grace and say he doesn't love her.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,452,814 viewers (6th place).
|August 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th (1 2) • Fri 6th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th (1 2) • Fri 13th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th (1 2) • Fri 20th
Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th (1 2) • Fri 27th • Mon 30th (1 2) →