George explains that he cancelled his date with Eileen because she said he makes her skin crawl. He calls her rude and unpleasant. As they argue, his indignant companion deserts him. Izzy describes to Carla and Sarah the pain, fear and loneliness she suffered during the pandemic. She tells them how terrified she was that Jake would bring the virus home from school and that she's been too scared to go out her front door. Dev realises that Aadi is in love and offers him the voice of experience. Aadi admits that there's a girl he fancies but doesn't know how to ask her out. Dev advises him that women like big gestures. Evelyn starts to worry about Hope when the girl asks if the person who started the fire will get into trouble. Alina feels that the miscarriage is her punishment for breaking up a family. Mary tries to save George and Eileen's relationship, telling George that she was just trying to find an excuse not to go out with him to avoid getting hurt again. Evelyn believes that Hope knows more about the fire than she's letting on and reports her suspicions to Fiz. Fiz points out that Hope was at home all evening so it can't have been her. George suggests to Eileen that they try again. Eileen only offers him friendship. As Aadi shops for flowers to buy for Summer, Amy advises him not to bother and offers to coach him instead. Peter tells Carla that he's not returning to Street Cars as he sees his new liver as a new beginning. Fiz offers Tyrone her genuine condolences over the baby. She's relieved to hear her that Alina's candle started the fire. Amy trains Aadi on how to ask Summer out. Tracy thinks they're secretly dating. Having gone over the fire officer's findings in her mind, Alina tells Tyrone that in order for the fire to have started in the cot, someone must have moved the candle. Tyrone thinks it's the grief talking.
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Izzy Armstrong - Cherylee Houston
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Underworld - Sales office
- Rosamund Street
- Weatherfield General - Sonographer's room
- 28 Grayling Street - Living room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- As Cherylee Houston was shielding when this episode was recorded, scenes set inside 28 Grayling Street were recorded inside the actress's real-life home, with Houston's husband, Toby Hadoke, portraying Izzy's neighbour Fergus Dunford. Filming equipment was sent by the Coronation Street team for Houston and Hadoke to record the scenes themselves.
- TV Times synopsis: Evelyn suggests to a shocked Fiz that Hope might know more about the fire than she's letting on.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,377,798 viewers (5th place).
|August 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th (1 2) • Fri 6th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th (1 2) • Fri 13th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th (1 2) • Fri 20th
Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th (1 2) • Fri 27th • Mon 30th (1 2) →