An alarmed Danielle insists they're just friends. Withholding the truth, Curtis admits to cheating on Emma. Steve demands that he's honest with his daughter and leaves. Danny admits to Curtis that he overheard him talking to Danielle and he needs to be truthful to Emma and Steve, but Curtis can't stand the thought of her staying with him out of an obligation. Having finished Dev's shoot, Brian sets off to photograph Kirk and Chesney. Debbie complains that she will have nightmares after seeing a naked Dev. Todd cannot get Billy to reconsider his resignation. Touched by his sincerity, Leanne instructs Sam to put his posters back on the wall as Oliver's old bedroom is now his and she wants him to feel at home. Chesney and Kirk aren't impressed by Brian's idea of photographing them in the pose of Grant Wood's American Gothic and ask for another suggestion. Curtis tells a bitterly upset Emma that it's over between them as they're not right for each other. In the cafe, a frosty Summer rounds on Paul and tells him how the theft of the heat pump has cost Billy his job. Paul is devastated that he's not believed. Steve finds Emma sobbing in the factory breakout area. Steve reckons she's had a lucky escape. Leaving the premises, Steve is approached by Danny who advises him to get the full story out of Curtis and back off, or he might regret his hastiness. Taking the hint, Steve goes into the bistro where his digs about Danielle provoke Curtis into admitting that she is actually from his terminal illness support group. Steve is stunned as he is told by the lad that he has a life-threatening heart disease. Kirk and Chesney reluctantly take part in a pose based on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling. Curtis gives Steve chapter and verse on his condition. Steve gently suggests Emma is told the truth but Curtis disagrees as he'd rather she hated him than felt sorry for him. He asks Steve to keep his secret. Kevin advises Tyrone to ditch the idea of writing his own article as nobody wants to hear him bad-mouth Fiz. Billy refuses to stay in the Rovers when Paul and David enter. Leanne assures Nick that she doesn't need Oliver's room to be preserved as it was to be able to remember her son. Todd surprises Billy when he tells him that he's withdrawn his resignation from the bishop on his behalf and has arranged a loan from George, to be taken from his wages, to finish the halfway house. Billy is touched. Steve gently advises his daughter to move on but she's determined to have the matter out with Curtis. Steve withholds what he knows from her.
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Underworld - Breakout area and packing area
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve confronts Curtis in the bistro; and Summer rounds on Paul and tells him how the theft of the heat pump has cost Billy his job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,425,603 viewers (4th place).
|July 2021 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Tue 6th • Fri 9th
Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2)
Wed 21st (1 2) • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th →