Summer announces to Billy and Todd that she's skipping her appointment with the diabetes nurse in order to join an end-of-term celebration at the Red Rec. Paul finds her ruminating at Victoria Gardens and she admits that she's scared of accepting that the life she thought she would have is gone. She agrees to attend her appointment when Paul offers to go into the medical centre with her. As Carla takes command of the factory, her top priority is to pick up some samples Izzy is making up at home to show Jo Lafoe. Sarah admits that she's late submitting them. Alya presses Ryan to apply for the position of manager at the bistro so that they can buy a place of their own. Gail discharges herself from hospital and stuns Nick and David by disclosing her plan to fly to Thailand tomorrow for an extended break. Summer gets on fine at the doctors and is embarrassed that she panicked. She admits to Billy that she misses Paul. Sarah video calls Izzy and arranges to have the completed samples collected in one hour. She's taken aback when a man enters the frame and implores Izzy to ask for more time, after which a tense Izzy kills the call. Todd admits to Eileen that he's annoyed Summer listened to Paul and not him. He realises he needs to make a gesture to show Summer that he's sticking around in order to make her trust him. Nick and David try to talk Gail out of her impromptu sabbatical but she's resolute, telling her sons that Thailand was the last place she was happy. Jo Lafoe rings Carla asking to see the samples. Carla lies that they're ready and waiting, counting on Kirk delivering them in time. Daisy gets an idea to help Ryan when he tells her he'd rather make a living DJing than tending bar. Tyrone buys a pram for the baby. Fiz demands he tell the girls about Alina's pregnancy today, or else she'll do it for him. Carla stalls Jo by meeting her at the bistro instead of the factory. Kirk arrives with the box in the nick of time. Inspecting the knickers, Jo discovers they're not up to standard. Carla tries to pass it off as a mix up with the rejects and offers to send over the proper samples. In the flower shop flat, Todd goes down on one knee and, producing a ring, asks Billy to marry him.
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Izzy Armstrong - Cherylee Houston
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Underworld - Sales office and machine room
- Viaduct Bistro
- Rosamund Street
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Victoria Gardens
- Speed Daal
- 28 Grayling Street - Living room
- The episode was made available to stream on the ITV Hub on Monday 5th July, ahead of its ITV transmission following a decision taken by ITV to release all episodes of both Coronation Street and Emmerdale at the start of each week for the duration of the Euro 2020 football tournament, a time when the soaps were frequently displaced from their usual timeslots, so that viewers could watch at their convenience.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- As Cherylee Houston was shielding when this episode was recorded, scenes set inside 28 Grayling Street were recorded inside the actress's real-life home, with Houston's husband, Toby Hadoke, portraying Izzy's neighbour Fergus Dunford. Filming equipment was sent by the Coronation Street team for Houston and Hadoke to record the scenes themselves .
- TV Times synopsis: Todd is determined to prove Summer can trust him, so returns home and proposes to Billy.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,512,754 viewers (5th place).
|July 2021 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Tue 6th • Fri 9th
Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2)
Wed 21st (1 2) • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th →