Gail is planning a home-schooling session for Sam on Natasha's behalf. David puts pressure on his mum to let Sam see Nick but a stressed Gail is adamant she must respect Natasha's wishes. She suffers what she assumes is indigestion. James is horrified to see pictures online of him and Danny, along with derogatory comments about his sexuality. He rushes out to see Danny. Suffering from morning sickness, Alina says she can't attend Kirsty's funeral. Jenny is still in high dudgeon with Daisy, much to Johnny's satisfaction. He has a house viewing booked for later on. Gail sets out for Natasha's, still refusing to discuss allowing Nick to see Sam. Nick tells an angry Sarah he's going to sell his shares in Underworld as he wants to spend more time with Leanne. Alya reminds Ryan that if they're to get their own place, he needs to find some more work. He plans to ask for more shifts at the Rovers. Fiz finds out that Tyrone's going alone to the funeral. David sets up a fake leak in the kitchen to get Gail home from Natasha's. James finds that Danny’s already left for the airport and is ashamed that he's been a coward. Gail returns with Sam, only to hear that David has also told Nick to come round. Sam begs to be allowed to stay, assuring Gail that Natasha won't find out. Fiz asserts that she's joining Tyrone to support him at the funeral. Carla is surprised that Johnny is buying a local flat and is told that he's afraid of being alone in the world. He assures Carla that he’s happy for Jenny and whatever she does in her life. Nick isn’t happy to see Sam in the house as it's breaking a promise made to Natasha. David takes the blame. Ryan's upset that he only has two shifts at the pub under the new rota. Daisy tries to cheer him up. As a row breaks out at the Platts, Gail heads outside for some air. Sammy Farr isn’t concerned by James's online pictures and assures him the press has been briefed appropriately. As James starts to feel the pressure, Ed assures him of his support. Sam finds Gail doubled over and clutching her chest in pain. James's televised press conference takes place with Aggie returning from Birmingham so that his family is in proud attendance. Despite being warned, the journalists ask awkward questions about his private life. James steels himself to tell the truth.
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, kitchen and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Chariot Square Hotel - Bar
- The episode was made available to stream on the ITV Hub on Monday 28th June, ahead of its ITV transmission following a decision taken by ITV to release all episodes of both Coronation Street and Emmerdale at the start of each week for the duration of the Euro 2020 football tournament, a time when the soaps were frequently displaced from their usual timelots, so that viewers could watch at their convenience.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences. Some scenes included a split-screen shot with two shots merged in post-production so that actors could be pictured being closer together than they actually were on set.
- TV Times synopsis: David pesters Gail to allow Nick to see Sam; and James attracts unwanted attention prior to a press conference.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,042,580 viewers (13th place).
|June 2021 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Thu 3rd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th (1 2)
Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Thu 17th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Tue 29th (1 2) • Wed 30th (1 2) →