Tyrone struggles to take in the news and Alina thinks he's unhappy about it. He has to head out for a funeral meeting with George, leaving him no time to discuss the matter. Johnny shows a horrified Jenny the Double Glammy article in the Gazette. Nick's choked when he bumps into Sam but Natasha drags him away after only a short chat. Tyrone's in a daze as he and Fiz meet George. He sells them the cheapest funeral. Emma and Gemma refuse to return to work. Jenny demands to speak to Daisy in the back. Gemma reveals to a puzzled Kirk that she and Emma know full well how to make Betty's hotpot but they want Sean to get his job back. David advises Ryan to enjoy life and not get caught up in domestic drudgery as he has. Jenny rips into Daisy for withholding the news about the article and cutting Sean's shifts. Fiz assures Tyrone he's a great dad and that she's happy to sort joint equal custody. As James and Danny catch up over lunch, a couple of lads at a nearby table take photos. Danny breaks the news to James that he’s moving to France tomorrow. Evelyn overhears Emma asking Tyrone about Alina's nausea and realises with horror that she's pregnant. They row and he demands she minds her own business and say nothing to Fiz. Danny reveals he sought James out especially to say goodbye before he leaves. He refuses to give things another go unless they can live an open life. Jenny summons Gemma, Sean and Emma and reinstates them whilst being angry that they didn’t come direct to her with their grievances. She makes Daisy apologise to Sean, pointing out she only owns a potential 5% of the Rovers which entitles her to no say in its running. Ed is delighted at James's news. James tells Michael of his sadness about Danny and that he can never be happy whilst he's in the closet. Jenny reveals she’s looked at her finances and is going to buy the pub herself outright, paying back Daisy’s deposit loan but with no share partnership for her. Ronnie flirts with Jenny again. Tyrone and Alina make up. She afraid that it's crazy to have a baby now but is delighted when he tells her he wants the child. Afraid of telling the girls now, he makes the excuse that they wait for the twelve-week scan to make sure.
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Natasha Blakeman - Rachel Leskovac
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and kitchen
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Garden
- 8 Coronation Street - Garden
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- This episode was provisionally scheduled to be possibly shown at 8.30pm on Monday 28th June, pending any changes brought about by coverage of the Euro 2020 football competition. In the event, transmission was moved to an unforeseen slot on Tuesday 29th June at 8.30pm (originally slated for either football or Midsomer Murders) with the previous episode being shown immediately before it, but no time was left to amend the credits to present it as a one-hour double episode.
- The episode was made available to stream on the ITV Hub on Monday 28th June, ahead of its ITV transmission following a decision taken by ITV to release all episodes of both Coronation Street and Emmerdale at the start of each week for the duration of the tournament, a time when the soaps were frequently displaced from their usual timelots, so that viewers could watch at their convenience.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Jenny puts Daisy firmly in her place.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 4,914,629 viewers (17th place).
|June 2021 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Thu 3rd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th (1 2)
Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Thu 17th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Tue 29th (1 2) • Wed 30th (1 2) →