The next morning, Nina comes to and staggers home. Evelyn agrees to the regular job of handing over the girls on to Tyrone in order that Fiz doesn’t have to see him with Alina. Gemma is snappy with everyone before they set off for Aled’s cochlea implant consultation. Evelyn hands over the girls with a lecture to her grandson about his stupidity. She laughs at the large photoshoot print. Billy finds the empty vodka bottle in the bin. Summer tells him it was Nina’s and that she didn’t have any herself. Roy gives a queasy Nina advice on hangover cures. He suggests she could work on her graphic novel but she hysterically rips up the pages, declaring it rubbish, just like her life. The consultant confirms Aled’s an ideal candidate for a cochlear implant operation though it wouldn’t restore full hearing. Chesney’s thrilled but Gemma’s not convinced, afraid of the very minor risks involved. Overwhelmed with other thoughts, Summer stresses about her imminent Spanish exam. Dev reluctantly agrees to have lunch at the bistro with Bernie. A troubled Mary tells Bernie what she heard Dev saying to Steve. Roy tapes Nina’s pictures back together as he suggests getting counselling for his niece to Asha. Back home, Gemma admits she doesn’t Aled to go through with the operation, but Chesney disagrees. Asha posts Nina’s pictures on her Instagram, worried that her friend isn’t reaching out to anyone. Gemma and Chesney argue when she wants to wait a couple of years before proceeding. Nina is furious when Amy praises her pictures, livid that Roy interfered and restored them. Bernie and Mary turn up at the bistro where Bernie deliberately spills Dev's drink over him and demands an explanation for his comments to Steve, saying they’re finished. Nina bangs on the door of No.7, saying Asha had no right to post her work online and demands it’s taken down. Fiz sees Tyrone and Alina returning from a shopping trip where she has bought him youthful and fashionable clothes. At the corner shop Nina tries to steal another bottle of vodka, however Evelyn and Carla catch her. Carla persuades Evelyn to let her go. Dev upbraids Mary for repeating a private conversation, but she is unrepentant and makes him see that he’s been an idiot for making Bernie look a fool. Taking Nina back to the cafe, Carla lectures her about not finding the solutions to her problems in alcohol but the girl refuses to listen. Fiz suggests that Chesney find someone else to talk to who has been in his and Gemma’s position. Overhearing Dev talking to Steve, Daisy suggests he tries again with Bernie, saying women are complex creatures. Summer refuses another drinking session with Nina. Daisy suggests that Nina joins her at the bistro where she’s meeting some friends. Billy gets a call from Summer’s school who are concerned about her poor work. Chesney asks Freda to come round to No.5 to talk about the pros and cons of the operation, but she refuses to give any advice on that matter, only saying that being deaf isn’t a tragedy and they need to do more research on informed choices they have to make. Summer is told that half her test answers were in French rather than Spanish. Staggered at her error, she hurries to her room to revise more, carrying an energy drink with her. Carla tells Roy what’s happened with Nina. Collecting the girls, Evelyn laughs at Tyrone’s skinny ripped jeans. Knocking back the wine, Nina flirts with Daisy's friend Noah, until he advises Daisy to see her home. Dev presents Bernie with flowers and hopes they can still be friends. She blags a pay rise out of him. Gemma remains resolute that Aled isn’t having the operation. Chesney despairs, pointing out that Aled is his son too. Daisy’s about to hand Nina over to Roy but she leaps in a passing taxi, leaving her uncle worried sick.
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Bistro
- Rosamund Street
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield General - Consultant's office
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes and was transmitted at 9.00pm to allow for coverage of the Euro 2020 football competition earlier in the evening, followed by a one-hour episode of Emmerdale at 8.00pm. It had been made available to stream on the ITV Hub on the same morning, ahead of its ITV transmission following a decision taken by ITV to release all episodes of both Coronation Street and Emmerdale at the start of each week for the duration of the tournament, a time when the soaps were frequently displaced from their usual timeslots, so that viewers could watch at their convenience.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Aled Winter-Brown appears in this episode played by Joseph whose surname is unknown.
- TV Times synopsis: Having spent the night in the ginnel, Nina staggers home, lying to Roy about where she has been; Aled's consultant confirms he is an ideal candidate for a cochlear implant operation; and Mary tells Bernie what she heard Dev saying to Steve.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,372,288 viewers (8th place).
- Due to the Euro 2020 tournament, no episode was transmitted on Wednesday 16th June with the next episode being shown on Thursday 17th June.
|June 2021 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Thu 3rd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th (1 2)
Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Thu 17th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Tue 29th (1 2) • Wed 30th (1 2) →