As a suspicious but disorientated Corey staggers around the flat, a worried Abi and Nina enter. Carla’s fuming with Sarah, accusing her of talking Adam out of the transplant to get back at her for sleeping with him. Sarah insists Peter’s a lost cause who will only fall off the wagon again. To spite her back, Carla tells her she and Adam don’t regret their fling and he knows he’s playing second fiddle to Gary. Sarah retorts that she and Peter are the laughing-stock of the street. Ronnie tries to make excuses for his behaviour and invites Johnny to punch him. He refuses and can’t believe Ronnie’s cheek when he expresses a wish that they can still be friends. Asha has to report that there was nothing incriminating in Corey’s texts. The lad stumbles out of the flat, loses his balance and falls down the stairs. Maria and Gary have a friendly chat at the bistro, and she admits that while she doesn’t want him to go to Bristol, it’s probably for the best. Nina is unconcerned about Corey and thinks they should just leave him while Asha wants to call an ambulance and Abi agrees. He’s taken away while the three women are questioned. Asha still has his phone. Johnny returns to the Rovers, admitting to Jenny that if Scott hadn’t turned up, things would be different. Looking at a tracking health app, Asha finds that Corey returned to near the scene of the crime at 3.07am a couple of days after the attack, followed by a walk to the River Irwell. Gary ignites his old spark with Maria, and she invites him to move back in with her. Asha gives the new evidence to DS Swain. Sarah tells Adam what Carla said but he refuses to go over old ground. Unable to move on, Johnny and Jenny row over their old faults and errors. She yells at him to sling his hook. In front of his angry father, DS Swain questions Corey as to why he was out in the middle of the night, lost his rucksack between CCTV sightings and changed his clothing. Corey admits he got rid of the items in case there was blood on them but insists he was the one trying to help Seb. Abi returns home and cries over Seb’s order of service.
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Daisy Midgeley - Charlotte Jordan
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- PC Qureshi - Haider Mohammed Javed
- DS Swain - Vicky Myers
- Stefan Brent - Paul Opacic
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Underworld - Packing area
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Court - Stairwell
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield General - A&E treatment bay
- Weatherfield Police Station - Reception
- Continuing, albeit with some amendments, a tradition established in 2010, Coronation Street was transmitted at 9.00pm each weekday (except for Wednesday) after an extended edition of The Masked Dancer.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- The scene with Asha Alahan and Corey Brent in the stairwell of Victoria Court was filmed inside of the MediaCity studios’ Tony Warren building.
- TV Times synopsis: Asha and Abi's plot backfires when Corey takes a tumble; Carla blames Sarah for Adam's decision; and Gary hopes Maria will ask him to stay.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,382,062 viewers (7th place).
|June 2021 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Thu 3rd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th (1 2)
Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Thu 17th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Tue 29th (1 2) • Wed 30th (1 2) →