Billy bets Annie that having Bet behind the bar improves custom. Val accuses Ena of writing the letter. She is hurt. Jean Moseley arrives in the Street looking for Joe Donelli. She shows Gregg Flint bruises which Joe gave her when he got drunk. She wants compensation. Irma worries about being alone with Joe and tries to get Hilda to come round for supper but Joe puts her off and forces Irma to stay with him. Irma breaks down. Ray accuses Elsie of writing the letter. She tells him to get lost. Irma begs Joe to leave her alone. Annie realises Bet is an asset and agrees to let her stay. A guilty Emily tells Ena and Elsie that she wrote the letter.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Joe Donelli - Shane Rimmer (Credited as "Joe Donnelli")
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy (Credited as "Greg Flint")
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Jean Moseley - Lois Daine
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- The scenes on the Grape Street set were OB recorded.
- Although ITV had begun full-colour transmissions on 15th November 1969, the ITV Colour Strike which began on 13th November 1970 caused this episode to be recorded in black and white.
- TV Times synopsis: Accusations - and a confession
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,750,000 homes (8th place).
Valerie Barlow: "Act natural and friendly and people round here start imagining all sorts of things, don’t they?"
|December 1970 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →