Nina has a nightmare in her hospital bed as she subconsciously remembers voices from the night of the attack. In the cafe, Sam enthuses about Treasure Island, the book he’s studying for 11 plus entry to Oakhill School. When Daniel reveals he’s training to be an English teacher, Sam and David suggest he could tutor the boy for money. Alison Wray reports to Abi about Kelly, and that Eli and Jason Dowling have been charged with GBH on Seb and they are now on remand. She also tells her that it would seem the attack was triggered by Nina’s appearance. Laura tells Imran and Toyah that once Kelly’s been released, she’s coming to live with her as she wants her daughter back. Imran is livid with her, telling her that her lack of parental care is the cause of the problem. Nina tells Roy about her nightmare and that she heard Corey’s voice amongst the others. Paul tells Todd how upset Summer seemed, but he resents his interference. Ed sets off for Birmingham, leaving the keys to the campervan with Michael. Ronnie makes a couple of light-hearted jibes about the van, but Ed fails to see the funny side and Ronnie feels wretched. As Abi and Laura watch on, Kelly’s bail is refused, and she’s remanded in custody pending her trial. Nina reports what she’s remembered to DS Swain. She’s upset to hear that Corey has been released on investigation and the police need more evidence than she can supply. Ronnie confides in Jenny how he wants to prove to Ed how sorry he is but needs her help with a grand gesture to make amends. Daniel calls at No.8 for the tutoring. He’s taken aback when the boy reveals he’s set him a thirty-minute test to make sure he’s up to the job. Roy delivers Nina’s clothes and make-up as she prepares to be discharged. Abi arranges Seb’s funeral with George. She rejects outright any suggestion that it has a Goth theme and storms out. David buys a new car. Sam reports to Daniel that his “application” to be his tutor has been successful and they agree on £35 an hour. The school rings Billy with the news that Summer didn’t turn up that day. Imran is depressed that he's failed Kelly, but Toyah is honest in giving her view that once she is released, she shouldn’t live in the area where she is around so many hurt people. Nina comes home and immediately confronts Asha for supporting Corey. Abi approaches them and takes her anger out on Nina, saying her “weird” appearance was instrumental in causing the attack on her son. Nina runs off in tears, watched by an appalled Asha. Social services tell Imran that if Kelly is released, she will be housed with someone else. He feels they’re to blame but Toyah has doubts. Asha tells Roy and Carla what transpired between Abi and Nina. Roy sets out to find her. Laura shouts at Imran in the street for deliberately letting Kelly down. Toyah loses her temper and retorts what she thinks of her, almost causing a fight when Laura accuses her of being barren and unable to carry her own child. Sarah has to intervene. Carla finds Abi and gently remonstrates with her for her words but she’s unrepentant. Jenny invites Michael and Grace to the Rovers for free drinks to wet the baby’s head and surreptitiously gives Ronnie a thumbs up. Toyah has a heart-to-heart with Sarah about the mess she feels they are in with Kelly, voicing her fear that she’s guilty. As Jenny distracts Michael, Ronnie takes the campervan keys out of his pocket. Summer arrives home, saying she needed space from school jibes with Kelly being charged. Todd gets annoyed with Billy who wants to know what else Paul said that could help them understand her. Roy finds Nina in tears, frustrated with her inability to remember more and feeling hated by everyone for being a “freak”. She feels responsible for Seb’s death being caused by her determination to be herself. Ronnie flirts with Jenny as he plans an expensive makeover of the campervan. Nina cries as she washes off her make-up. Todd thanks Paul for looking out for Summer and apologises for being hostile. Toyah apologises to Imran for losing her nerve and not being enthusiastic about helping Kelly. Roy, Carla and Asha are shocked when Nina emerges dressed and made-up conservatively.
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Grace Vickers - Kate Spencer
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Alison Wray - Martelle Edinborough
- Laura Neelan - Kel Allen
- Ronnie Bailey - Vinta Morgan
- Judge - Martina McClements
- DS Swain - Vicky Myers
- Glory Bailey - Kamiyah Brown (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, kitchen and hallway
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Underworld - Sales office
- Viaduct Street
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- 16a Victoria Street - Bathroom
- EGB Construction - Yard
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Weatherfield General - Nina's room
- Weatherfield Crown Court - Courtroom
- Unknown street
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes and was transmitted at 7.30pm to allow a two-hour episode of Van Der Valk to be broadcast at 8.30pm. P694/10325 was written by David Isaac and P694/10326 by David Proud.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- As Nina Lucas has her nightmare, and applies her make-up, Corey Brent (Maximus Evans) and Eli Higginson (Liam Scholes) are heard in dialogue lifted from Episode 10317 (5th May 2021) but are uncredited on this episode. Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan is also heard.
- The scene on the street where Roy Cropper finds Nina Lucas was recorded against the outer wall of the MediaCity studios compound.
- TV Times synopsis: Abi learns the attack was triggered by Nina's appearance; Laura wants her daughter back; and Daniel is asked to tutor Sam.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,183,982 viewers (8th place).
|May 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th (1 2) • Fri 7th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2) • Fri 21st
Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →