Having taken a call from the police, Imran tells Kelly they want to ask her some further questions. Laura asserts that she calls the shots and will sit on the interview rather than Imran. Evelyn returns to the cafe and apologises for her remarks. Roy admits that he overreacted when he’s just discouraged about humanity’s negative behaviour to each other. Evelyn is understanding and sympathetic. Billy catches up with Imran and Toyah and tells them that when Laura called at his flat looking for her daughter, she knew nothing of what had happened to her. Paul finds a downcast Summer in Victoria Gardens. She confides in him how she feels partly to blame for the attack as she should have made Kelly leave the scene when she did. Imran goes to the police station and relates to Laura what Billy told him - that she turned up only because she had been kicked out by her latest boyfriend. He threatens to tell Kelly in order that she lets him act as her daughter’s legal representative again. Kelly’s interview begins and DS Swain brings out forensic evidence that places her at the scene, saying they’ve been told by another party that she was the driving force behind the attack. In a break, Imran advises Kelly to be fully upfront and clean but she’s terrified that he and Toyah will wash their hands of her. He assures her of their commitment. Michael asks Ed to take more of a back seat. He agrees to visit Aggie in Birmingham to give him and Grace some space. Michael also coldly rejects Ronnie’s offer of help. Kelly tells the truth about what happened with the attack, with the exception of saying she herself tried to prevent it. DS Swain plays her Seb’s message in which Kelly can clearly be heard laughing as the blows begin. Imran grows concerned. DS Swain then tells her that forensics prove that she slapped Nina, and that Corey has made a voluntary statement that she was the one kicking Seb; and the DNA evidence all agrees with his version of events. Ed tells Ronnie he can’t build any bridges with his family. Abi tells Kevin that she can’t rest until they’ve caught Seb’s attacker. Kevin feels her pain and vows his support. Kelly is detained in custody for a court hearing tomorrow on a charge of assault and murder. Returning home, Imran asserts his full belief in Kelly’s innocence and he will back her come what may. Toyah fears they will become pariahs in the neighbourhood.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Summer Spellman - Harriet Bibby
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Rovers Return Inn - Back yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield Police Station - Reception and interview room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Laura's interference jeopardises Kelly's freedom; Summer confides her troubles to Paul; and Abi vows to see Seb's attacker caught.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,288,592 viewers (5th place).
|May 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th (1 2) • Fri 7th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)
Wed 12th (1 2) • Fri 14th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th (1 2) • Fri 21st
Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th (1 2) • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →