Peter goes into hospital for his liver transplant. He's upset that he can't reach Simon to let him know. Asha suggests a kitty to the pay the bills. Corey misinterprets her and is horrified when she suggests they get a couple of cats so they can be a proper family. Sharon tells Sam that Peter's operation is today and manipulates him into texting Nick so that Simon can be told. Todd tells Eileen that George fired him as he has a grudge against her. In a secret location, Nick receives Sam's text and confides in Leanne. Leanne decides not to tell Simon about Peter's operation as he can't go there anyway. They don't realise that Simon has overheard their conversation. Carla puts Ken off returning from Southampton. Peter asks her to pass a message onto Simon if the worst happens, not wanting Simon's last memory of him to be the suicide note, saying he's sorry for letting him down. Eileen confronts George over his pettiness and gets the real reason Todd was sacked. Leanne discovers Simon is missing. Sharon goes to see Harvey at Highfield Prison, telling Jenny she's off to a cancer follow-up appointment. Peter is stunned when Simon shows up at the hospital. Eileen convinces George to let Todd work his week's notice. Tyrone continues to push his luck, asking for Fiz to be seated far away from him and Alina. Kevin doesn't have the guts to set him straight and Abi realises she'll have to do it. Confident in her machinations, Sharon tells Harvey that Simon is on his way to see Peter as they speak. Todd returns to work, under orders to start showing respect for the dead. Jenny, off to visit Johnny, bumps into Sharon as she's leaving the prison and asks what she's doing there. The transplant co-ordinator informs Peter that the liver isn't viable and can't be used. A cleaner at the hospital, secretly a heavy of Harvey's, lets his contact know that Simon has arrived.
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Sharon Bentley - Tracie Bennett
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Heavy - Steven Blades
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Harvey Gaskell - Will Mellor
- Transplant Co-ordinator - Marc Geoffrey
- Coronation Street
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Webster's Autocentre
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Weatherfield General - Transplant centre
- Highfield Prison - Visiting area and exterior
- Flat 5, Marchley Apartments, Bradwell Street, Warrington
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- The main entrance of the MediaCity studios complex along Trafford Wharf Road doubled as the exterior of Highfield Prison.
- TV Times synopsis: Sharon gives Sam a message to pass to Nick; Eileen berates George for dismissing Todd; and Simon breaks cover to visit his dad.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,075,602 viewers (8th place).
|April 2021 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th (1 2) • Mon 12th (1 2)
Tue 13th • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st (1 2)
Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th (1 2) →